(TFT) Gadda and home rules

Charles wrote:

<<<I'm not trying to dictate anything to anybody - its up to the reader/GM
decide what to include and what to ignore. My suggestions are geared towards
the group that's interested in a more thoughtful campaign, perhaps one based
on a historical background. Folks who want something akin to "Marvel
Superheroes" probably won't be interested. Folks who want to hack spear
carriers to pieces will probably ignore it. And that's perfectly ***fine***!
The point /is/ to have fun, if memory serves.
Personally, I don't see the point in hacking up a bunch of 25-30 point spear
chuckers (or the equivalent balance in super powerful players vs. the other
side) - that's not even an interesting tactical exercise. If the play is
that light, I'd rather go for a game or two of Nuclear War ("Anybody got
change for 10 million people ...?") or Illuminati and conquer the world. The
level of tactics is about the same, but the latter two are far more amusing
(in a sick and twisted kind of way) But that's my opinion - not my dictate.
Run your campaign anyway you please - if all you want is to smack monsters
around and nab the loot, then /do so/! It's what makes it fun for ***you***
that counts. No one here is obligated to even *read*, much less adopt, any
of my rules suggestions or comments. Nor is the reverse true.
Again - its your universe. Run as you see fit.>>>>>>

TOTALLY, TOTALLY agreed.  Home rules are just that home rules.  As of right
now, as a commercial FRP, I'm sorry to say it, TFT:ITL is DEAD and has been
dead for quite some time.  I mentioned TFT at a game store here and either
they didn't know about the game or commented about GURPS and TFT and why
would you want to play a dead FRP.  The idea of each of us giving each other
home rules are only suggestions.  It is not like these rules will ever
become bible.

Some of the home rules I have seen on the list, I would use and others not,
including some of my own.   An example of things would adopt, that were not
my own home rules, would be Mack's ideas on parrying, spells like Dave
Seagrave's COOL and WARM and DEFLECT MISSILES, and talents like the
BOWYER/FLETCHER (although it should be two separate talents and that is
possibly a change I will make with my own game) talent.  Whereas, DEFENSIVE
QUICKNESS, if I used it, would only be one, possibly, two levels.

As Charles stated and I agree remember,  "Run your campaign anyway you