Re: (TFT) IQ

Daniel Tulloh wrote:
> What I propose is a "tada!!!" table.  Characters with higher
> IQs should get more 'knowledge' points to spend on talents
> and/or skills.  Knowledge points should increase exponentially
> as the level of IQ rises....an example of this table might look like:
>
>                 IQ             Knowledge Points
>                  6                     4
>                  8                     7
>                 10                    10
>                 12                    13
>                 14                    17
>                 16                    21
>                 18                    25   and so on

How is this better than the notion of adjIQ?  I see two advantages
to using adjIQ over this concept:

With adjIQ, the "value" you receive from increasing your IQ is the same
as before.  OTOH, the tada system would make each point of IQ inherently
more useful, but without increasing its XP cost.

With adjIQ, you buy as much as you like (and are willing to spend XP
for).  This makes characters more personalized, and can be used to
account for less intelligent (but driven) characters who buy tons of
adjIQ, as well as lazy or distracted genius-level characters who don't
buy a point of it.

Or is there something I'm missing here...

(I hope the concept of "adjIQ" is generally-enough understood by all
 that I can refer to it without defining it.)