(TFT) TFT: Various Stuff

> TFT is a pretty tightly designed game, and -- in
general -- the more you change its basic mechanics the worse it gets.
Continue adding optional rules to TFT and you'll eventually end up with
something like GURPS . . .  or worse!
   I think the best new rules for TFT could best be described as
"plug-ins" -- rules that don't touch the basic design of the game, but ones
that simply attach to it, such as new Talents, Spells, Jobs, other
Long-Term
Tasks, Equipment, Monsters, and Magic Items.  Other good plug-ins are rules
that attach to the basic game /mechanics/ to improve them without changing
the underlying rules, such as my AdjIQ Rule.  Plug-ins are individually
optional from player to player -- one player who hates my AdjIQ Rule can
simply ignore it and never increase his adjIQ, while the other players are
still free to use and enjoy it if they wish.<

I tend to agree. If you have to break the existing core rules, it seems to
defeat the point of playing TFT....

Michael
====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.