(TFT) TFT: More AdjIQ

Warren writes . . .

>Seems like "memory" might be better than "adjIQ".

   I like the elegance of "adjIQ" over "memory."

Rod writes . . .

>I just explained it to my group all those years ago as... don't think of it
>as increasing your IQ to add another skill. Just think of it as adding
>another skill which increases your IQ. After all, the more you learn the
>smarter you get by default.

   Hey, I like it.  Reverse psychology!  8^)

John Paul writes . . .

>Its also amazing how many e-mails hit this month.  It's the highest ever.
>May there continue to be a flourish of enthusiasm for THE FANTASY TRIP.  It
>may take me a week just to read whats been posted while I'm gone.

   I was thinking . . .  running a TFT event in L.A. -- like the one
proposed -- could drum up some interest for TFT and/or the list.  Perhaps
the organizer should contact the people organizing COMEX and get the game on
the event schedule, so that non-list L.A. folks will know about it and
perhaps sign up.  Just an idea.
   Now I'm tempted to run a TFT tournament for the next appropriate con here
in Austin, just to breathe some life into TFT here and maybe get some new
blood for my campaign.  Mmmm . . .  I'll post again here if I decide to do
anything about it.
   I haven't been to a con in a long time.  Could I get a show of hands from
out there?  Who is going to L.A., and who is thinking about it?

   I'm way behind on submissions to the list.  Here's another . . .

IQ 10 SPELLS
HOLY BOLT (M): This spell is identical to Fireball, except
   (a) it only affects undead creatures (and passes through
   any figure that?s not, leaving it unharmed), (b) it cannot
   start a fire, and (c) the flames are light blue instead of red.
      Undead creatures include Vampires, Ghouls, Shadowights,
   Ghosts, Wights, Revenants, Night-Gaunts, Zombies, and
   Skeletons; plus whatever new monsters the GM says are
   undead.
      A good spell for an adventurous priest or paladin to keep
   handy.  Cost: 1 ST for every 1-1 damage.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Design Bureau   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760