(TFT) Re: Missile Spells

> I also noticed hardly any missile spells being used in my campaign;
> all wizards favoring Illusion as the combat spell of choice, -

Sigh.  Yes.  We decided to stop awarding XP for damage done by
illusions after a few too many illusionary octopi were unleashed
on various dim-witted ogres and giants.  It's just too easy.

> especially with a really good archer present to take out enemy
> wizards.  So I came up with this rule change . . .
>
> Missile Spells
>    Wizards roll 1 die vs. DX per damage die to hit when casting
> missile spells or firing missile spell rods.

Hm, I like this but I'm afraid Wizard's Wrath may be a good reason
not to do it.  Given that a two-die roll is almost automatic success,
this lets a wizard unleash fairly hefty 2d6+2 attacks with frightening
accuracy.  It strikes me that this rule might help an overly IQ-heavy
clown avoid the penalties of his relatively low DX.