RE: (TFT) RE: Health Stat

Or, alternatively, increase the starting attribute total, which is what I
was playing around with.

To be honest, I don't wholly /like/ the idea of adding a health stat. But
there is a legitimate need there.

The problem is fairly simple, and sums up many of the discussions of late:
to wit, TFT streamlines attributes down to the barest minimum. Overall, this
is a good thing. But it also means that many subcomponents are lumped
together in unnatural ways. ST and IQ seem to be the worst offenders;
technically, there are problems with DX as well, but those don't crop up
near as often or as severely.

IQ is fairly easily solved by using skill or talent slots to resolve the
issue of being forced to build to unlikely attribute levels just to get a
few talents. I do think this is an issue, as any attempt to ennumerate one's
skills almost invariably pushes one towards an IQ of 20 or so, which implies
a lot of things that just aren't true. Especially since the high IQ
trivializes a lot of spot check type of rolls, among others.

ST is the only one that really causes problems, hence the proposed solution.