Re: (TFT) Illusions

Guess I'm due to contribute another short comment, eh?

The way I've been handling player cast illusions for years now is that
I require each player/mage to keep a record of all encountered monsters
in his/her character binder.
If they cast an illusion of something they've seen and been around a lot
(like a basic warrior/wardog/orc/etc) then they have no problems.
If they cast an illusion of something they haven't seen or just seen once
(like a Dragon or Troll and they've never met one) then they can't mimic
it properly and I lower the # of dice on their opponent's disbelieve roll
accordingly.
On the other hand, as the wizard gains in IQ I let them get better at
certain
illusions by adding a +1 penalty to their opponent's disbelieve rolls for
well practised illusions. (when they add +1 to their IQ thru experience I
let
them also add a +1 penalty to ONE of their known illusions)
Eventually they can get very good at certain illusions and still get by or
suck
on other ones.

Mack Brewer
(old resurfacing TFT player)