(TFT) From: Mack Brewer - LONG, Spell costs & LARP rules

I posted this (older) version of our club's LARP(live action role playing)
rules here, partially to accompany my comments on last week's Science
Fiction game and partially in response to comments on the list about how
unbalanced costs are between warrior's talents and mage's spells.
Our LARP version assigns point costs to the more powerful spells and, on
average, the cost of spells is about 2 pts per spell instead of TFT's
1/spell.

Again, these rules are very simple for live play and have stood the test of
time
in our opinion. Several of the more widespread live action role playing
rules
require an actual physical "hit" to be score before damage is done,
therefore
eliminating any chance for a (klutz perhaps?) of ever playing a great and
mighty
warrior.  We still prefer our roll to hit system of combat resolution to
actual physical
prowess in real life.

This contains the complete copy of the FFTS rules for live role-playing and
basically
ignores such DM rolled TFT abilities like Tactics/Riding/etc and any
campaign style
of rules. These games are designed for 1-shot adventures with no character
skill
progression from game to game, but we still have played several "sequels"
where we
played our old original heroes/villains at increased points to reflect
increased experience.

Hope the list finds the following rules interesting!

Mack Brewer
(old TFT player)

The Fantasy Field Trip Society of Canada
Game Rules Version 5.2
Printed: June 7, 1997.

Table of Contents

1.0 Introduction                                     1
2.0 The Player Character                                1
2.1 The Character Profile                                 2
2.2 Character Races                                    2
2.3 Character Creation                                4
3.0 Skills            5
3.1 Combat Skills         5
3.2 Rogue Skills         9
3.3 Knowledges        10
4.0 Magic         11
4.1 The Mechanics Of Spell Casting                 11
4.2 Care and Feeding Of Spells                   12
4.3 Priest/High Priest Spells                              13
4.4 Range Modifications for LOS Spells                    13
4.5 Casting speb from Items                               13
4.6 Armour and Spell Casting                             13
4.7 Casting Spells from Scrolls or Books                 13
4.8 Casting Spells by Gesture and Incantation              13
5.0 The Spells                                          14
5.1 Intelligence  8 Spells        14
5.2 Intelligence  9 Spells       15
5.3 Intelligence 10 Spells     15
5.4 Intelligence 11 Spells     16
5.5 Intelligence 12 Spells        17
5.6 Intelligence 13 Spells      17
5.7 Intelligence 14 Spells      18
5.8 Intelligence 15 Spells     18
5.9 Intelligence 16 Spells     19
6.0 Possessions                                       20
6.1 Mundane Possessions     21
7.0 Playing The Game       22
7.1 Real Time         22
7.2 Melee Time         23
7.3 Spell Casting       26
7.4 How to Tell What's Happening to Your Character          29
7.5 Exiting a Melee       29
7.6 Damage and Fatigue      29
8.0 Appendix 1 - Skills,Spells,etc.     31

1.Introduction

 Imagination is doubtlessly one of mankind's oldest gifts.  From man's most
humble origins,
huddled about the fire which held back the cold and some of the danger,
there were those who told
tales, to warm hearts and chill spines.  With the smoke would rise dreams,
dreams of courage, places
that might never have been, beauty, riches.  The people would go with the
storyteller, feel the danger,
prove the worth of their souls through the valor of their heroes.  With the
vanquishing of their hero's
opponents, the people themselves were transformed, if but for a time, into
something greater than
themselves.

 Nowadays, in the modern world of cities, cars, and television; it is easy
to forget, or even not to
know of, the power of the storyteller.  Is this type of imagination a loss ?
Are the heroes forlorn?  It
seems that some will always remember, witness the growth of the modern story
telling, or role playing,
games.  The Fantasy Field Trip is one of these games, its goal to take the
player to another place,
another time.  Out of the cities, in what wilderness remains to us, one can
recreate the fantasy, the
magic, perhaps to be a hero for a day, or two.

 A hero, surely, must look the part, and our game starts with this.  A
simple magic, as of a
Halloween eve, can make of us what we will.  A wizard's staff, magic armor,
or the dark cloak of a thief
may wring an amazing transformation within us.  Don the proper costume and
you may find the everyday
dropping away, and partake of the gift we offer.

 Most find it incorrect to think of themselves as heroes.  Thus is it that
we create personae or
characters, through which we may breathe life into our dreams. Our choices
are both narrow, and wide:
should my hero be a spell caster, or not? if so what kind?  And race, what
manner of being qould I be?
an Elf? a Troll?  A doughty Dwarf fighter perhaps? or a shimmering sly
sorceress? There will be others
in this shared story telling, how will I react with these others?  It is a
certainty that only through some
cooperation will the true heroes prevail, but will they be the champions of
good, or the mere guardians of
their own self-interests?  The character, and the costume then, are the
beginning, but only that.

 One must not forget the realities.  One should remain aware of such matters
as food, and
shelter from the elements; we are, after all, playing our game, living our
story, in  woods, under the sky,
with real stomaches in our bellies. These factors must always remain under
consideration.  Further,
there is a world of laws around us such that any players under the age of
nineteen must have signed
legal consent documents; and (more's the pity) we must forbid any players
under the age of sixteen from
participating.

 So here we are; bussed out to the game site on a Saturday morning; our
makeshift campsite
settled; our foods preserved and guarded against the elements and such small
inhabitants of our woods
as remain.  Within the cloth of our costume the character springs into life.
Such other members of the
party as there are, assembled; perhaps jewelry glitters, swords slap thighs
(a discomfort soon forgotten),
and makeup packed away.  The referee stands prepared by the band of
adventurers, his/her equipment
arranged, the heroes await his signal. The signal that game is begun, worth
must now be proven.  The
party shall go forth, to achieve it's aims (whatsoever be they.) Thev all
know that they shall return to
reality, that the story will sometime end.  But now is not that time, they
have begun a Fantasy Field Trip.

 They know not what monsters, dangers, benefactors, or other parties they
will encounter, that
matters little.  There is fear, as there should be, for now they are truly
elsewhere, elsewhen, living in a
land of their imagination.

2. The Player Character

 For a player, the first step in preparing for a game is to design a
character - the persona through
which the player enters the world of the game.  This character will have
been drawn up some time ago,
preferably a few weekends before at a team meeting. The creation of
characters is by far the most
complex part of the rules, allowing for a wide variety of different
creatures and almost endless
combinations of skills and abilities.

 However by designing the characters at a group meeting the less experienced
players can be
assisted by their team members and game control personel.

2.1. The Character Profile

 The most important part of a character (from a rule standpoint) is the
character profile.
This specifies the values of the character's attributes together with a list
of the character's skills
and possessions. Together, these form the basis on which the character is
defined. The profile
will also specify the character's race/species as well as whether or not the
character is primarily
a spell-caster.

2.1  Character Races

 There are a large number of fantasy races available for player characters.
Each race
has various advantages and disadvantages. When choosing a race it is
important to remember
that all characters MUST be in costume.
 Not all races will be allowed in all scenarios, and some scenarios may
include non-
standard races, so check with the game master before deciding on what you
want to play.  Each
race has minimum and maximum values for attributes along with a list of
special abilities (if any)
and an amount of gold they start with for buying equipment, etc.

  These figures are set to keep a rough balance between the different races.
  Starting       Xtra   Max   Str
Race  Dex Str Int Pnts Dex Grp Gold Notes:
Bear        9      15    7     7       14  6 44  Armor= 2pts,
          Basic HTH, 4pt Claws

Cat  15 5 7 10 18 4 66  2pt Claws, Stealth,
          Acute Senses

Dwarf  8 10 8 12 16 4 60 Axe Skill,
         Asses Value,
         -2 adj to spells

Elf/Drow 10 6 10 12 18 4 60 Archery skill,
         Immune to sleep and
         command

Gnome  12 5 8 14 18 4 72 Detect Magic

Goblin  10 6 8 14 18 4 69 Archery skill,
         1pt Claws

Half-Elf * 9 7 9 14 17 5 66 Save vs. Sleep &
         command (roll <= Int)

Halfling  12 4 8 13 18 4 72 Warrior skill,
         Stealth

Hobgoblin * 10 10 8 12 16 5 66 2pt Claws

Human  8 8 8 16 16 5 72    -

Lizard  7 13 7 10 18 4 50 Armor= 2pts,
         Basic HTH, 2pt Claws
         +2 move

Ogre  7 16 4 10 14 6 39 Armor= 3pts,
         Basic HTH, 3pt Claws

Orc  9 8 8 15 16 5 69 1pt Claws

Troll  6 19 4 7 14 6 20 Armor= 5pts,
         Basic HTH, 4pt Claws

Wolf  9 12 7 10 16 5 66 Acute Senses,
         Basic HTH, 2pt Fangs
2.2.1 Basic Attributes

 There are three attributes: Strength (Str), Intelligence (Int), and
Dexterity (Dex). Each
character has a score for each attribute which determines their basic
abilities.

    Each attribute has a number of uses which must be considered. All three
attributes
are important to the successful character.  Precisely how important each
attribute is, depends
on what type of character is desired.

2.2.1.1  Dexterity

(a)  The character's dexterity determines the initial position in  the
melee. A higher
dexterity gives a character more flexibility in when actions can be
performed.

(b) Dexterity determines the character's maximum movement rate in melee.
See the section
on movement for further information.

(c) Most skills and spells require a dexterity roll to be made to be used
seccessfully. Also,
some skills have a minimum required dexterity. A character may not use those
skills  without
the proper dexterity.

(d) Wearing armor will reduce a character's effective dexterity.  See the
section on armor for
further details.

(e) Maintaining a spell halves the effective dexterity of the  caster for
all non-spell actions.

2.2.1.2  Strength

(a)  All weapons have a minimum required strength.  A character  may not use
weapon without having the required strength.  Also, the use of some skills
requires a
minimum strength.

(b) The character's strength, together with the weapon that is used,
determines what
damage the character does with a successful hit.

(c) A character's strength determines how much damage and fatigue can be
absorbed. See the section on damage and fatigue for information.

2.2.1.3 Intelligence

(a) The character's intelligence is used to determine what skills and spells
the character
may know.
 Each skill and spell has a minimum intelligence and a cost (in study
points) to learn
the skill or spell.  The  character's intelligence is the number of points
available  to acquire
skills and spells. Skills (not spells,) may be learned by a player with less
than the required
intelligence, but he must pay an additional learning penalty equal to the
difference between
his intelligence and that required to learn the skill.

(b) Some skills, known as knowledges, require an intelligence roll to be
made to be
used successfully.
2.3.Character Creation

STEP: 1  Decide whether your character is going to specialize in spell
casting or not. It is
possible to fight and use spells however it is harder for non spell-casters
to learn spells, and
harder for spell-casters to learn combat skills.  All characters must
specialize in one or the other.

STEP: 2  Consult the Races section of these rules and choose the race of
your
preference.  Remember the inherent challenges in creating a suitable costume
for your choice!

STEP: 3  Determine your basic attribute scores.  Each race has a minimum
value to start
with and a number of points to allocate.  In addition, experienced players
may have extra points
from previous games that can be added to their attributes, check with the
game master to see
how many points can be allocated.
 Your Dexterity may be raised to the normal racial maximum at a cost of one
point per
attribute point.  To raise it beyond the normal maximum will cost one extra
point per point above
maximum.
For example,  a creature with a base Dex of 8 and a maximum of 16 would have
to spend 8
points to raise their Dex to 16.  It would cost 2 more points to raise it to
17, and 2 more points to
increase it to 18. For a total of 12 points spent to raise their Dex from 8
to 18.

Allocate your additional points to your attributes bearing in mind the
following points:

DEX-

(A)  If you plan on wearing armor, this will modify your effective dexterity
downward.

(B) Your effective Dex is equal to your base chance to hit for most skills
and spells.
(C) Your maximum movement in melee time is determined by your effective Dex
(See
 section on Movement.) Movement = Dex/ 2

STR-

(D) Damage from attacks and fatigue from attacks and spell casting are
totaled
 against your Str score (Thus it is both hit points and spell points)
 ...see section on Damage and Fatigue.

(E) Str determines how much damage a player may do with hand or weapon.
 Str/5 rounded up = Base Damage Group or Strength Group.

 However all races have a strength group maximum.  Once you have reached
your
maximum strength group, extra points will increase your total hit points but
they will not
help you do more damage.

(F) All weapons are assigned a Strength Group.  A character may use any
hand-to-hand
weapon with a Str Grp <= his/her own in one hand; (s)he may use a weapon
with a Str Grp 1
greater  than his/her own if it can be grasped 2 handed.

(G) Total Weapon Damage = character's Str Grp + Weapon Str Grp (plus any
points for
advanced weapon skills or magical weapons.)
INT-

(H) All skills and spells have a minimum required Int.

(I) All skills and spells are assigned a cost; A character has as many pts
to "buy"
skills and spells as his/her Int score.

NOTE: In any given Scenario the standard list of spells, skills, and
possessions may be added to
or deleted from;  you should be informed by your scenario master what
changes, if any, have
been made.

STEP:4 Consult the skills and spells sections of the rules and decide what
skills and/or spells
you wish to equip your character with.

NOTE: If you are a spell-caster then all skills classed as  COMBAT skills
cost you double, and if you are a non spell-caster then all SPELLS cost you
double.

STEP: 5 Consult the section on Possessions. Using the number of gold pieces
assigned
by your choice of race, acquire your choice of possessions. Remember that
anything your
character possesses must be simulated by a prop with your costume (including
unspent gold
pieces.) Players on the same team may loan/give each other excess gold
pieces for purpose of
acquiring equipment.

3. Skills _________________________________

3.1 COMBAT SKILLS

 All combat skills cost double the study points for spell users.  All forms
of combat
require a modified dexterity roll "To Hit".  A roll of 20 always misses and
a roll of 1 always hits,
and is a critical hit which ignores armor.

3.1.1 Weapon Skills

Basic.
 The basic weapon skills control the use of the corresponding weapons. Any
character
who attempts to use a weapon without the correct skill, does so with a -4
Dex adjustment.  None
of these skills has a prerequisite.

Advanced.
 Each of the weapon skills has an advanced form, representing a higher level
of skill.  All
Advanced weapon skills have the corresponding basic form as a prerequisite.
A character
possessing an advanced weapon skill attacks (with a weapon of that type)
with a +2 Dex
adjustment and does 1 extra point of damage per hit.

Master.
 Each weapon can also be Mastered.  This represents an even greater degree
of skill
(the Ultimate).  All weapon master skills have the advanced skill as a
prerequisite.  A character
possessing a weapon Master skill attacks (with the specified weapon type)
with a +3 Dex
adjustment and does +2 points of damage per hit.
 All characters who have mastered a weapon are able to determine the general
quality of
any weapon with an intelligence roll.

Note:  None of these bonuses are cumulative, the higher level only is used.
Weapons Table: (Basic/Advanced/Master)

  Int.
Skill/Weapon:    req'd: Study:  Cost. SG     Comments:
--------------------------------
Archery  8/10/14 3/3/3 4 1-8 see missile weapons

Axe  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 2-8 -2 to Hit/+1 Dmg

Club  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 1-8

Dagger  8/10/14 1/3/3 3 1 Criticals on 1, 2, 3

Flail  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 2-8 trips on critical (1)

Hand-to-hand 8/10/14 1/2/3 3 1-3 +2/+4/+6 to grappling

Mace  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 2-8 -1 Dmg, +2 Dex

Pole Arms 8/10/14 2/3/3 3 3-8 1 pace range, -2 Dex at  'T' range

Staff  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 2-5 +2 armour when parrying, -1 dmg

Sword  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 2-8 +1 Dex
----------------------------
NOTE: Any weapon can be balanced for throwing at a cost of one extra
 STR group.

3.1.2  Special Weapon Skills
-----------------------------
Skill:   IQ req Study Requirements:
----------------------------
Disarm Opponent 10 2 Basic Weapon

Fencing  12 3 Basic Sword & Eff. Dex >= 14

Fencing -Advanced  15 3 Fencing, Adv. Sword, Eff. Dex >= 15

Fencing -Master  18 3 Advanced Fencing, Master Sword

Quickdraw  10 1

Thrown Weapon  8 2 -

Throwing -Advanced 10 2 Thrown Weapon

Master Throwing 14 2 Advanced Throwing

Two Weapon  14 2 Basic Weapon

Disarm Opponent
 This skill represents the ability of some fighters to entangle an
opponent's weapon and
force them to drop it.  A character must be fighting in hand-to-hand combat
with a weapon they
are skilled in to use this ability.
 The  "normal" roll for such an attack is effective Weapon Skill -4. If
successful their opponent must drop his/her weapon.

Fencing
 This skill is useful for fast and lucky swordsmen.  It allows a character
using a
one-handed sword with nothing in their other hand greater than Grp 1 a
greater chance of
getting past their opponents armor.
 When using fencing, a roll of 1, 2, or 3 is a critical hit, and as such
ignores normal
armour.

Fencing - Advanced
 Allows the character a free parry each round due to their blinding speed.

Fencing - Master
 The master fencer has honed their skill to such a degree that they may now
critical on roll of 1,2,3,4, or 5 on a natural die roll.

Quickdraw
 This skill allows a weapon to be readied in effectively no time,
eliminating the need
for a change weapon action.
 The type of weapon/item practised must be specified (ex. Quickdraw/Sword
and
Quickdraw/Wand are seperate skills).

Thrown Weapon
 This skill allows a character to throw an object more accurately.  A
character not
possessing this skill, does so at -4 Dex when throwing.  It also allows a
weapon to be readied
and thrown in a single action.  Range penalties are moved two steps up from
archery (i.e. point
blank for archery is medium for thrown weapons, a Dex adj of +0.) Thrown
weapons have a
maximum range of Short.  The weapon thrown must be properly balanced,  said
weapons may be purchased at a cost equal to one extra Str Grp. Throwing an
unbalanced weapon requires the
player to do so at -2 effective Dex.

Advanced Throwing
 This skill allows a character to throw a weapon with even greater accuracy.
It gives the
player a +2 to hit and a +1 to damage.  The Thrown Weapon skill is a
prerequisite.

Master Throwing
 This skill allows a character to throw a weapon with even greater accuracy.
It gives the
player a +3 to hit and a +2 to damage.  Advanced Throwing skill is a
prerequisite.

Two Weapon
 A Player is able to use two weapons simultaneously, one in each hand. He
must have
at least basic skill in the weapons to be used. The total weight of the
weapons carried cannot
exceed the character's strength group +2, and neither individually can
exceed his strength group.
The character is not given two attacks: he simply does damage equal to his
strength group plus
the sum of the weapon groups, plus skill bonuses if applicable on a
successful strike. At his option
the wielder may use one or both weapons to parry with, in which case the
value of the parrying
weapons are added to his armour instead of his damage. A character using two
different weapons
can receive the skill bonuses for only one of them (presumably the most
skilled one). This means
if a character has Master sword, Advanced Axe, and Two Weapon, he receives
only the +3/+2 of
The Master Weapon skill, not the +5/+3 of both Master and Advanced.

3.1.4 Defensive Combat Skills
----------------
Skill:  IQ Stdy Requirements:
----------------
Armor  10 2 -

Shield  8 2 -

Warrior  12 2 Strength >= 16

Veteran  12 3 Warrior skill
-----------------

3.1.4.1 Armour Skill
 This skill represents a higher familiarity with armor. With this skill, the
Dex penalty that is
normally associated with a type of armor is halved (round up).

-----------------
Armor Type:  Cost Armor Value Dex Adj.
-----------------
Heavy Cloth  8 1  -1(-1)

Leathers  16 2  -1(-2)

Ringmail  24 3  -2(-3)

Chainmail  32 4  -2(-4)

Scalemail  40 5  -3(-5)

Platemail  48 6  -3(-6)

Field Plate  56 7  -4(-7)

Full Plate  64 8  -4(-8)
-------------------

3.1.4.2 Shield Skill
 The Shield skill allows a character the use of a shield, together with a
one-handed
weapon.  A character who has a shield, and this skill, may subtract that
shield's full protective
value from any physical attacks and does not pay the  Dex penalty.
Non-skilled use of the
shield subjects the player to the Dex penalty.
-----------------
Shield Type:  Cost Armor Value Dex Adj.
-----------------
Buckler   4 1  0(-1)

Medium Shield  8 2  0(-3)

Wall Shield  12 3  0(-5)
-------------------

3.1.4.3 Warrior Skill
 This skill represents the hard years of service seen by a professional
warrior. It allows a
character to ignore 1 point of damage from any attack, whether physical or
magical, and connot be circumvented by either surprise strikes or critical
hits.

3.1.4.4 Veteran Skill
 This skill represents the ability of a veteran warrior.  It allows a
character to ignore 2
points of damage per attack.  Prerequisite is the Warrior skill.

3.2 Rogue Skills

These skills may be studied by either spell-casters or non spell-casters at
normal cost.
----------------
Skill:   Int. Study Prep.  Requirements:
----------------
Acrobatics  12 1 0 Eff. Dex of 12+
Pick Locks  12 2 5   -
Pick Pockets  12 2 -   -
Running    8 2 -   -
Stealth   12 3 - Eff. Dex of 15+
Surprise Strike  14 3 -   -
Traps   12 2 5   -
----------------

3.2.8  Acrobatics
 Allows a character to perform absurd feats of agility, such as vaulting
over
boulders and swinging across rivers. The Ref. will roll for success against
the acrobat's
effective dex, modified as determined by the Ref.
 A successful use of this skill will add +2 to dodging.
 If you fail your acrobatics roll it costs 1/2 movement to get back up.

3.2.3.  Pick Locks
 Using this skill requires a set of lockpicks.  This skill allows the
character to
open any non-magical lock. It does not disarm any traps present and may, in
fact, trigger
them.

3.2.3.  Pick Pockets
 This skill allows the user to remove one object from another character
without being
detected. A failed roll alerts an awake character to the attempt or awakens
a sleeping character.
 This skill may also be used to "plant" a small item on another character.
 This skill may not be used against anyone currently engaging the user in
combat.

3.2.1.  Running
 This skill allows a character 2 extra paces of movement per round.
No roll is required to use this skill,  it represents quickness in combat
and raw speed instead of
reflexes.
 Running may NOT be used in "Stealth" and any character who decides to run
automatically becomes UN-stealthy.

3.2.5  Stealth
 This skill controls the characters ability to remain unseen while in melee.
 To use this skill, a character must begin his/her action unseen by opposing
characters.
For the first action say "Going into stealth", or "Hiding" . The ref will
make a Dex roll modified by
how well the character is actually hidden.  If successful the character puts
on a white headband
and cannot be targeted for any attack.
 Once in stealth a character will remain hidden unless detected by magic
(Mage sight) or
by another player who gets within arms reach of the stealthy character.
 Players who are generally aware of the stealthy character may, on their
turn, attempt
to detect (s)he.  This is done by rolling under half their intelligence or
less.  Note that players who go
deliberately out of their way to find a character they are not aware of
(within game context) will
be penalized.
 Once hidden, a character may elect to move stealthily through a combat.
This requires a
saving throw for each movement action at -2 penalty per pace taken.  A
failed roll means the character has been detected. Again, the Dex roll will
be modified for actual cover and visibility to opponents.
 When a blow is struck from stealth not using the "Surprise Strike" skill it
does full
damage ignoring armor.

3.2.8  Surprise Strike
 To use this skill, a character must begin his/her action undetected by the
proposed
target.  This may be done by successfully using the stealth skill above, or
by the player himself
remaining undetected.  If the character successfully makes a surprise
strike, (s)he does double
damage and any armor worn by the target is ignored.  If unsuccessful, then a
second normal
attack may be made.  This skill can only be used with small one-handed
weapons of strength
group 3 or less.

3.2.2.  Traps
 A successful use of this skill will allow the character  to detect any
traps on
an object without setting them off.  Some traps may have modifiers (positive
or negative)
to their chance of being detected.
 A second successful roll using this skill allows a character to disable a
trap without
triggering it. A trap must be successfully detected before it can be
disarmed. This skill gives
a base (Eff. Dex) chance of disarming the average trap; disarming a
particular trap may involve
modifiers to a character's roll. Also, Thieves picks and tools are required.
A failed roll triggers
the trap with the supposed disarmer being the target.

3.3 Other Skills

These skills may be studied by either spell-casters or non spell-casters at
normal cost.
----------------
Skill:   Int. Study Requirements:
----------------
Acute Senses  13 2   -

Deflect Missiles  13 2 HTH Combat

Trip Opponent  12 2   -
----------------

3.2.6  Acute Senses
 A character possessing Acute Senses has developed one or more of their
senses
beyond the norm.  This allows a better chance of hitting blurred or
invisible targets than
someone without this skill (the penalty is halved). Characters possessing
this skill also get
a +4 Int adjustment when detecting stealthy characters. A thief attempting
to pick pockets
on this character has a -4 chance of success.

Deflect Missiles
 The trained martial artist can hone his reflexes to the point where they
can knock
missiles out of the air. Use of this skill will allow a character to block
any physical missile
attack they could see made (you can't see attacks from behind), if a roll
vs. adjusted Dex.
with Martial Arts is made at -4. This skill may be declared pre-emptively in
the same fashion
as a parry. The martial artist may protect people behind them, and may
deflect any number
of missiles in one round. This requires an action to perform.
NOTE: This does not affect spells.

Trip Opponent
 A successful trip will send the target sprawling. The chance of success is
effective weapon skill -4. The penalty is reduced to -2 if a
polearm/staff/spear/or flail
is used. Note that some creatures (like dragons) may be difficult or even
impossible
to trip. Tripped opponents require 1/2 movement to get back up.

3.3 Mage skills

 These skills, magical or magic related, cost non-spellcasters double study.

----------------
Skill:          Int.  Study:   Requirements:
--------------
Alchemy 15 3

Combat Magery 12 2

Iron Will 12 2

3.3.5  Alchemy
   Alchemy is a highly complex discipline which involves knowledge both of
chemistry
and a certain amount of magic.  Also, an alchemist can identify any potion
if an Int roll is
made.  List of standard potions (if any) is scenario dependent.
 An alchemist can produce some potions given access to the required
materials and facilities.
This is highly scenario dependent and is likely to require some form of
field alchemy kit, similiar
to a physicker's kit but more expensive.

Combat Magery
 Combat training hones the mage's reflexes so that he does not need to stand
motionless
while preparing and casting spells. This eliminates the +4 bonus to hit a
concentrating mage and
allows the mage to "Move and Cast" in the same way a warrior can Move and
Strike. The same
-2 per step penalty applies.

Iron Will
 These techniques give a mage a better chance of maintaining concentration
on a spell
even after being hit for damage. The mage can continue a spell if she makes
an Intelligence roll
with a penalty equal to the amount of damage that penetrated her armor.

3.3 Knowledges
 The knowledges are skills which are primarily intellectual in nature.  As
such, both spell-
users and non spell-users pay normal cost to learn these skills.
 To use these skills successfully, a roll against the character's
intelligence
must be made.
----------------
Skill:          Int.  Study:   Requirements:
--------------
Literacy  10 1
Assess Value 12 1
Physicker 12 3
Priest  12 3
High Priest 15 3       Priest
Scholar  15 3       Literacy

3.3.1 Literacy
    Literacy is the ability to read and write.  A literate character is able
to read and write in any
language they know which has a written form.

3.3.2 Assess Value
    A successful use of this skill allows a character to make a fairly
accurate guess as to
the value of a given item in a given market. This skill is rolled against
intelligence, not dexterity.

3.3.3  Physicker
    The physicker skill represents a basic knowledge of medical lore.  A
character possessing this skill
may heal three points of damage per wound to any character.  Each character
may only be healed once per melee and it must be done immediately upon
completion of melee - within four minutes or 20
rounds of the character last taking damage.
   The use of this skill requires a Physicker kit and consumes one "unit" of
medical
supplies from that kit. If this skill is used in melee, it requires 3 rounds
of prep.

3.3.4  Priest
    This skill allows the character to function as a lower echelon
clergy-man. It represents a basic
knowledge of religious matters. It includes the "Bless" or "Curse" spell at
no cost.

3.3.6  High Priest
    This skill is an advanced form of the priest skill. It represents an in
depth training in clerical
matters.  Certain clerical spells may only be performed by a High Priest.
This skill automatically
gives the character the "commune" spell at no cost.
3.3.7  Scholar
    This skill is highly scenario dependent. It will generally provide the
character with extra information
about things, people, and places in the scenario. (Int roll)
 It may sometimes be used to identify items on the game.

4. Magic _____________________________________

4.1 The Mechanics of Spell Casting

 A spell-caster may cast any spell that (s)he has learned or has at hand in
the form of a
scroll or book, so long as (s)he spends the requisite number of turns in
preparation (+1 prep if
reading from a scroll; +2 if from a book) and has the required strength to
cast it.  There is also a
-1 to dexterity for every point of intelligence the caster is below the
minimum intelligence for the
spell (this would apply to spells from books and scrolls only as this is the
only way a spell-caster
can cast a spell higher than their intelligence level.)

 Preparing a spell requires intense concentration.  A mage cannot move or
communicate
while preparing a spell, and if (s)he takes any damage while preparing to
cast a spell one round
of prep is lost for each successful "hit" on the mage.
     A successful "To hit" roll for a fully prepared spell will cause the
spell to come into effect
immediately.  If a spell fails it will drain one point of fatigue.  The
spell-caster will know if the
spell has worked or not,  even if it is not apparent by any external signs.
On those rare
occasions when the stars and planets are just right and all the force is
flowing perfectly (as
indicated by the Ref rolling a one on the "To hit" die) a spell will come
into effect without costing
the caster any fatigue at all.  A roll of '20' means the spell has failed,
regardless of the spell-
casters effective Dex.

4.2 Care and Feeding of Spells

     Some spells require continuous expenditure to operate.  A spell-caster
may maintain as
many spells as his/her strength allows.       Spells which are maintained in
one turn continue
until the caster's action on the next turn at which point they cease to
operate, unless maintained
for another turn.  A mage has his/her effective Dex halved for all non-spell
actions while
maintaining, including half normal movement.      If a mage takes any damage
while maintaining
a spell the spell is broken and must be cast again.      If a mage takes
damage while preparing a
spell, one round of prep is lost per successful attack against the mage.
Some defensive
spells will continue with only minor concentration by the magic user, These
spells are Wards,
Wall of Force, and Circle of Protection.  All require some form of material
component to activate.
All have a range of touch and will last as long as the caster remains within
Line of Sight (LOS) of
the place that has been enchanted.      If the caster leaves the area of the
spell, or falls
unconscious (or dies) the spell will be broken.

4.3    Priest/High Priest Spells

     Priest spells may only be obtained by characters who also have the
skill of Priest.  High
Priest spells are available only to characters who take the High Priest
skill.  Examples of Priest
spells are Curse, Bless, and Healing Hands.  Examples of High Priest spells
are Raise Dead,
Commune,  or Holy Word.

4.4   Range Modifications for LOS Spells

     All line of sight spells cast at medium range or longer suffer Dex
Modifications for range.
4.5 Casting spells from Items
         Spells may occasionally be placed in items in such a way that it is
possible for
Characters to cast them.  A spell-caster may use any magic item by expending
1 Str pt., and a
non spell-caster may use an item by expending 2 Str pts.

4.6  Armour and Spell Casting

     All armor will reduce the effective dexterity of the wearer, however
metallic armor will reduce
the dexterity by double the normal amount with regard to spell casting.

4.7 Casting Spells from Scrolls or Books

     A spell caster need not have the requisite intelligence to cast a
particular spell from a scroll
or book,  however a -1 Dex penalty is imposed for every point of Int. that
the spell exceeds the
caster's.  As previously stated,  one extra prep round is required to cast a
spell from a scroll and
two extra prep from a book.  The caster must have the strength to cast the
spell (unless the
scroll is previously charged).

4.8  Casting Spells by Gesture and Incantation

     Most spells require some obvious action on the part of the spell
caster.  The following rules
are used to determine what are required.
(a)   If the Int of the spell is equal to or 1 less than Int of the spell
caster then the spell caster
must speak and gesture with both hands.
(b)  If the Int of the spell is 2-3 points less than the Int of the spell
caster then the spell caster
must speak and gesture with one hand.
(c)   If the Int of the spell is 4-5 points less than the Int of the spell
caster then the spell
caster must speak or gesture with one hand
(d)  If the Int of the spell is 6 or more points less than the Int of the
spell caster then the spell
caster may cast without speaking or gesturing.

     A character wishing to cast a spell must make the correct gestures
and/or speak (preferably
a rhyming incantation) before the spell can be cast.     ie. before the Ref
rolls the "To hit" die.
5. The Spells__________________________________________

5.1  Intelligence 8 Spells
----------------------
Spell:  Study Prep   Str  Range   Duration:
----------------------
Blur  1 1   1/1  touch     while maintained
Charge Item 1 1    1   touch   immediate
Detect Magic 1 0    1   1 pace  1 round
Drop Item 1 1    2   LOS     immediate
Enchant Item 2 10 min.   10   touch   until disenchanted
----------------------

5.1.1   Enchant Item
  This spell prepares an item to act as a private storage battery for
(caster's Str) points.
The item will hold Str points equal to the caster's Str at the time of
casting.  Only one personal
battery may be owned and carried by the spell-caster.
     A spell-caster may not use the power stored in another's personal
receptacle.  Stored Str
points may only be used to cast spells.

5.1.2   Charge Item
     This spell places 1 Str pt. into an item the character has prepared
with an Enchant Item spell,
or into a Guild standard battery staff.  The strength points from such an
item may be used later
to cast other spells.

5.1.3   Blur
     This spell causes the air around the target to distort light waves
causing the target to be
harder to hit.  All attacks made at a blurred target are at -4 Dex.  The
caster must remain in LOS
with the target.

5.1.4   Drop Item
     This spell causes the target to drop any one hand held object. The
target must use one or more
actions if they desire to retrieve it/them.

5.1.5   Detect Magic
     The caster is able to determine if one item is magical.  The mage is
not enabled to discern
the nature of the magic.

5.2   Intelligence 9 Spells
---------------
Spell:           Study  Prep      Str        Range     Duration:
--------------
Bless  (P)          1       1      2/1   LOS       while maintained
Curse  (P)          1       1      2/1   LOS       while maintained
Dazzle           2       0      3     self        3 turns
Detect Traps     1       1      2     1 pace    immediate
Slaying Hands   2       0      3     touch     immediate
Wake             1       0      3     LOS       immediate
Wards            2       3      3     touch     special
-----------------

5.2.1    Dazzle
  This spell causes the caster's body to be obscured by a flash of brilliant
psycho-energy.
     All sighted characters whom the caster may touch without moving are
affected.  All those
affected are at -4 Dex for 3 turns.

5.2.2   Curse
      (Prerequisite: Priest Skill) Target will receive a -4 to all rolls
made while this
spell is active.

5.2.3   Bless
      (Prerequisite: Priest Skill) Target will receive a +4 to all rolls
made while this
spell is active.

5.2.4   Detect Traps
      This spell determines whether or not a specific object is protected by
a trap.  If the object is
specifically "Good" or "Evil" the spell will also reveal this.

5.2.5    Slaying Hands
      The target suffers 3 pts. of damage and may not process their NEXT
action.

5.2.6    Wake
      All friendly targets within sound of the caster's voice will awaken if
asleep.

5.2.7    Wards
  This spell forms a protective force field of 3 paces radius.  Anyone who
attempts to
pass through the field without the express consent and knowledge of the
caster,  suffers 2 pts. of
damage and will forfeit their next action.  The wards will last as long as
the caster is conscious and within LOS of the wards.

5.3  Intelligence 10 Spells
----------------------------
Spell:             Study  Prep   Str   Range   Duration
---------------------------
Calm                 2      1      2/1   LOS     while maintained
Darkness            3      1      3/1   LOS      while maintained
Dispel Magic        3      1       3    LOS     immediate
Leap   2 0 2 self immediate
Magic Arrow         2      0       3    LOS     immediate
Revitalize (P)  1 3 1+ touch immediate
Speed                3      1       2    LOS     targets next action
Trip                 1      0       3    LOS     immediate
------------------------------

5.3.1   Calm
   The target will be unable to initiate any hostile actions while in LOS of
the caster, (s)he
may defend themselves if attacked.  Spell ends when dispelled or target and
caster are out of
LOS for 1 full turn,  or target is attacked.

5.3.6   Darkness
      Causes a globe of darkness to envelope the target. It is centred on
the target and moves
with them. Anything within arms reach is in the globe. All attacks inside,
into, or out of the
globe are at -8 to hit. The globe does not block LOS. Magesight can see thru
it.

5.3.2   Dispel magic
    This spell will negate the effects of any spell operating on the target.
It will not negate
the effects of potions,  magical items,  wards,  circles of protection,  or
a wall of force.

5.3.5   Leap
      Allows the caster to make a 15 pace leap in a straight line. The leap
will reach about
2 paces high, enough to clear a normal human in the middle.

5.3.3   Magic Arrow
      This spell generates a missile of lightning-like energy which issues
from the caster's hand,
inflicting 3 points of damage on the target, ignoring armor.

5.3.5   Revitalize
      Allows the Priest to decrease another person's fatigue by taking it on
themself. It costs the
Priest one fatigue to start the spell plus the amount by which the other
target is to be revitalized.

5.3.4   Speed
      The target of the spell may conduct 2 separate actions on his/her next
turn.  Both actions are
processed together as the targets next action.

5.3.5   Trip
      This spell causes a major disruption in the target's sense of balance,
causing the target to
fall down immediately.  It will require 1 action by the target to stand up.
(This will also cause
"flyers" to land for 1 turn)

5.4   Intelligence 11 Spells
-------------------------------
Spell:     Study  Prep   Str    Range   Duration:
-------------------------------
Apparitions          2      1      4     LOS     2 rounds
Confusion   2      1      2/1   LOS     while maintained
Hold    2      1 2/1   LOS     while maintained
Reverse Missiles    3      1      2/1   touch   while maintained
Silence    2      1      2/1   LOS     while maintained
Sleep       2      0      4 touch   special
Web of Sloth   2      1      2/1   LOS     while maintained
--------------------------------

5.4.2  Apparitions
     The target is struck with an unreasonlng fear of the spell caster and
will flee directly away
from the caster for two full rounds at maximum movement.

5.4.6  Confusion
     The target of this spell must roll a number less than or equal to
his/her Int/2 (round up) or
stand still,  unable to remember what (s)he was about to do on that turn.
The target may parry if
attacked.

5.4.3  Hold
     The target will be rooted to the spot and unable to perform any
movement actions for the
duration of the spell. They have -4 to attack and +4 to be attacked.

5.4.4  Reverse Missiles
     This spell causes all missiles,  missile type spells,  and thrown
objects cast at the target to
rebound upon their origin point or caster. Should a missile get trapped
between two reverse-
missile spells, both spells will quickly burn out and affect each caster as
if by Slaying Hands.

5.4.1  Silence
 Dampens out all sounds made by the target making him unable to speak or
cast spells
that require a verbal component. Gives a bonus of +4 to stealth roll.

5.4.1  Sleep
 The target of the spell falls into a deep unnatural slumber from which
(s)he will emerge
after 1/2 hour,  or 1 turn after being physically disturbed (It takes a full
action to "disturb" a
sleeping figure), or is subjected to a "Wake" spell.

5.4.5  Web of Sloth
      The target of this spell is reduced to 1/2 his/her original dexterity
(round down).  Other
adjustments to Dex are made after halving.  The Caster must remain in LOS
with the target.

5.5    Intelligence 12 Spells
Spell:             Study  Prep   Str   Range    Duration
Blast                  2      0        4       LOS           immediate
Shadowcloak       2      2       4/2     touch       while maintained
Wall of Force       2      1        3      touch       special

5.5.1  Blast
        The Blast spell will inflict 4 pts. of damage to everyone (except
the target)  within touch
 range of the target on the turn it is cast.

5.5.1  Shadowcloak
    The target of this spell puts on a white headband and is considered to
be invisible.  They may
not be the target of LOS spells.  All attacks on an invisible character are
at -8 Dex.  Invisible
people are subject to normal melee time restrictions.  This spell only
causes the target to be
unseen.  If the target thunders through the brush,  or makes a visible wake,
or speaks aloud,
then the others in the area will be justified in being wary of "invisible
spirits".

5.5.2   Wall of Force
        Creates a 15' by 15" wall in front of the caster. The caster must
have a rope up to 15' long to represent the wall.  The wall must be in a
smooth straight line and will absorb 20 pts of damage before being
dispelled.  The caster must remain within LOS of the wall.
         (the caster may be at either end of the rope or somewhere along
it's path,  as long as (s)he
is within touch distance of it when it is cast)

5.6    Intelligence 13 Spells
-------------------------------------
Spell:   Study Prep Str Range Duration:
-------------------------------------
Drain Strength  3 1 0 touch immediate
Fire Storm                   3 1           5         LOS immediate
Ice Storm                     3  1           5         LOS immediate
Iron Flesh  2 1 2/1 touch while maint.
Mage Sight  2          0           1/1       self  while maintained
--------------------------------------

5.6.4  Drain Strength
         This spell drains 5 fatigue from the target which is transferred to
the caster.
The caster may not use this spell to reduce the target below 0 Strength.
Note: The victim of the spell must be "willing" e.g. unable to  resist
(restrained,held, or
other-wise immobilized)
This spell cannot be used to increase the casters fatigue points above their
normal
maximum value.

5.6.1  Fire Storm
        The caster summons  forth a turbulent mass of flame and hurls it at
the target
causing 6 pts. of damage.

5.6.2   Ice Storm
        The caster summons forth a turbulent mass of icy shards and hurls it
at the  target causing 6 pts. of damage.

5.6-5. Iron Flesh
 This spell hardens the target's flesh so it acts as 4 pts. of Veteran.

5.6.3  Mage Sight
         This spell enables the caster to see invisible or hidden
characters.  The spell
may not be used without  some "in game" justification (Refs decision.)

5.7. Intelligence 14 Spells
------------------------------------
Spell  Study Prep Str Range Duration
------------------------------------
Circle Of Prot. 1 6 2/pace touch while maint.
Command 3 1 5 LOS 2 rounds
Commune - 5 special. self immediate
Healing Hands 1 2 1 touch immediate
Portal  3 1 5/1 los see description
Prismatic Shell 3 2 3/1 touch while maintained
------------------------------------

5.7.3. Circle of Protection
 A protective circle of variable size is created, through which no physical
attack or
being may pass without the caster's consent. The perimeter of the circle
must be clearly indicated by a
physical representation of some sort (i.e. a circle of sparkly stones or
rods laid end to end or a circle of rope etc.) 'The cost for this spell is 2
Str pts per pace of the radius.  A Circle of Protection may not be moved.
The circle will remain as long as the caster is conscious and within LOS of
the circle.

5.7.4. Command (prerequisite: High Priest Skill)
 Compels the target to obey to the best of their ability, one instruction
given by
the caster, for two rounds. The target may not be instructed to directly
hurt himself.

5.7.4. Commune (prerequisite: High Priest Skill)
The caster is enabled to ask 3 questions answerable by YES or NO, or one
question answerable
by a short sentence. The casting cost is as follows:
First time 0, second time 3 str, and +3 str per each time thereafter.
Warning! Overuse of this spell has been known to bring down the "Wrath of
the Gods" on certain overly
inquisitive priests.

5.7.5. Healing Hands (Prerequisite: Priest Skill)
 The target is healed of 3 pts. of damage. This spell does not remove
fatigue.
 This spell will also halt the effects of poison the target.
  (This spell may work better for  High Priests, healing 5 pts. of damage,
  but is otherwise the same. Scenario dependant)

5.7.1. Portal
 spell creates a shimmering portal through which one player may pass by
exercising a
movement option. The player may move up to 36 paces in the direction
indicated by the
caster at the time of casting.  Movement must be in a straight line.  The
portal disappears
after one use, but will remain until used, provided it is maintained. The
caster may cast it
directly upon themselves and be instantly transported without a movement
action.
 You cannot push an unwilling target thru a portal. Portal can only be used
by
one person. Caster may portal out of a grapple if their INT is high enough
to cast it
without gestures.

5.7.2. Prismatic Shell
 spell causes a protective force field to envelop the target that prevents
all magic from
affecting the target.  This field moves with the target and prevents any
spells from entering
or exiting the protected area.

5.8. Intelligence 15 Spells
---------------------------------
Spell  Study Prep Str Range Duration
---------------------------------
Disenchant 3 2 4 1 pace immediate

Divine Wind 3 0 6  touch special

Holy Word (HP) 2 1 4 LOS immediate

Lore                2       3 4 1 pace immediate

-----------------------------------

5.8.1. Disenchant
 Destroys any and all spells operating upon the target. This spell also
removes wards,
circles of protection, and walls of force.  It may also be effective against
various scenario dependent
enchanted items etc.

5.8.2. Divine Wind
The target becomes a BERSERK killing machine incapable of distinguishing
friend from foe. Their Int score is divided between Str and Dex, with any
odd pt. going to Dex. All fatigue is ignored whether incurred before or
after casting.  The target is permanently affected by both Speed and
Ironflesh
and is immune to all mind affecting spells such as sleep or apparitions. The
target must attack every round if possible.
If two consecutive turns elapse without an attack being made (inanimate
targets don't count) , the
beserker dies.  If the beserker's Str is reduced to 0 or below by damage,
then the beserker dies.
Death as a result of this spell is permanent and the beserker may not be
resurrected.  Note that death is
the ultimate result of this spell in any case.  This spell cannot be
dispelled or disenchanted.

Holy Word
 Inflicts 2 points of damage, ignoring armour, to all beings in LOS
considered
enemies by the caster. Prepped and maintained spells are disrupted.

5.8.3. Lore
 When cast the caster may request and receive any "Legendary" information
regarding
a particular object or/location.  Caster must be within 1 pace of the
target. As with
Scholar skill, the exact amount of Information will be game dependent

5.9.  Intelligence 16 Spells
----------------
Spells   Study Prep. Str Range Duration
----------------
Circle of Power  2    6 3 touch special
Lightning Bolt  4 2 7 los immediate
Raise Dead (HP) 4 6 12 touch immediate
Restore (HP)  3 3 3 touch immediate
Wither (HP)  3 1 6 touch immediate
----------------------------

5.9.1 Circle of Power
 Participants form a circle wilh joined hands during prep.  All participants
must be willing when
the spell is cast.  This enables the caster to redistribute fatigue or use
the circle as a power source for
spell casting.  It may not be used to heal damage.  This spell is broken
when one of the following conditions is met:
 (a) Any of the participants takes "damage".
 (b) Any of the participants breaks contact in the circle.
 (c) Any of the participants falls unconscious.
 (d) The caster ends the spell.
 (e) The spell is dispelled or disenchanted.

 The caster may redistribute any amount of fatigue in any way in a single
turn.

5.9.2 Lightning Bolt
 The caster summons forth a turbulent mass of electrical energy and hurls it
at
the target.  On a successful "to hit" roll, it inflicts 9 pts. of damage on
the target.

5.9.1. Raise Dead (Prerequisite: High Priest )
The caster causes the deceased life force to return and inhabit the dead
body of  the target.
It simullaneously heals all damage to the body.  However, the newly risen
will be fully fatigued
and thus unconscious.  This spell is immune to being dispelled.

Restore
 Permanently restores 1 point of strength (not damage) lost, to a spell or
other
reason.

Wither
 Permanently reudces a target's strength by 1 point.

EQUIPMENT:

Wizard's Staff (36g)
Guild Standard Battery Staff, holds 10 Strength (power) points.  This device
comes fully
charged.  Anyone may use a guild battery.  No-one may use more than 1
battery (of any type)
at a time.  Functions as a Str Grp-1 staff in combat.

Relic/etc.  (18g) Suitable for application of enchant itern

Thieves Picks & Tools  (16g) Used with Pick Locks and Traps skills.

Rope  (4g)  cost is per 10'

Arrows  (5/1g)  comes with quiver

Physicker Kit  (20g) Comes vith 10 "Medical units"

Medical Unit  (1g) heals 3 damage when used by a Physicker

   Weapons
--------------------
Item          cost/grp Max Grps Notes
--------------------
Axe/Mace 3 2-8  +1 damage, -2 Dex

Flail  3 3-8

Knife  3 1  criticals on 1,2, or 3

Club  0 2-8  -2 Dex

Staff  3 1-3  +2 Dex when parrying

Sword  4 2-8  +1 Dex to use

Pole Arm 3 3-8  attack at 1pace range, -2 Dex
     at Touch range
Martial Wpn 3 1-3

Bow  4 1-8

7.6. Damage and Fatigue

 As the game progresses, characters may become injured or fatigued. This may
occur
when the characters are attacked by opposing characters or through the
actions of the characters themselves.  Thus, two scores are maintained for
each character :
 -- current damage and current fatigue.
These are both initially set to zero.  Neither can ever be negative.
 If, at any point during the game, a character's damage exceeds the
character's
strength attribute, then the character is dead.
 If the combined total of damage and fatigue is ever equal to or greater
than the
character's strength, that character is unconscious.
 The character will also die if the total of damage and fatigue exceeds
twice
the character's strength.

Characters may reduce their fatigue scores by resting.  One pt. of fatigue
is subtracted for every
three minutes of real time or fifteen rounds of melee that a character
spends resting.  During this
period the character may not move or act in any way.

Damage, on the other hand, can be reduced (healed) only through the
Physicker skill
or by magic (the Healing Hands spell, potions. etc.)  Also, a dead character
may be
resurrected.
Check the spell list and ft scenario design for details.

 Good Luck and Good Gaming.....
 ........... Remember the whole idea is to have fun!
Optional Weapons Table:

  Int.
Skill/Weapon:    req'd: Study:  Cost. SG     Comments:
--------------------------------
Archery  8/10/14 3/3/3 4 1-8 see missile weapons

Axe  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 2-8 -2 to Hit/+1 Dmg

Club  6/-/- 2/-/- 0 1-8 no advanced forms.

Dagger  8/10/14 1/3/3 3 1 Criticals on 1, 2, 3

Flail  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 2-8 trips on critical (1)

Hand-to-hand 8/10/14 1/2/3 3 1-3 +2/+4/+6 to grappling

Mace  8/10/14 2/3/3 3 2-8 +2 to Hit/ -1 Dmg

Pole Arms 8/10/14 2/3/3 3 3-8 1 pace range, -2 Dex at  'T' range

Staff  8/10/14 2/3/3 2 2-5	+2 armour when parrying/ -1 dmg

Sword		8/10/14	2/3/3	4	2-8	+1 To Hit
NOTE: Any weapon can be balanced for throwing at a cost of one extra
	STR group.

<<  End forwarded message