Re: (TFT) On experience

I stated:

>I just can't picture a player character with an ST of 30, a DX
>of 17 or 18 and an IQ of 23.

Micheal responds:

>Hmmmm. Let me do some math. Please correct me if any of this is
>incorrect   <snip the calculations>
>
>Well, this means that in order for a player to get an attribute up
>to 30 they have to kill roughly 407 fourteen-hex dragons. Now if I
>killed one 14-hex dragon every week, this would take me roughly 8
>years of game time=
>
>Are there really ST 30 player-characters wandering around in your
>campaign?

I think you missed the point.  I was lamenting that TFT, an other-
wise commendable system, allows characters to attain outlandish
stats.  8 years of gametime?  Please -- I've ran characters in
AD&D up to forced retirement.

The point of my discussion was that TFT is broken with regard to
characters of high experience.  And, realistically, can you really
imagine a character with ST 25?  Arnold Schwarzenegger is probably
about an ST 18 - I personally just can't envision a character that
could toss physically toss Arnold around like he was a rag-doll.

Those are my opinions, my $0.02 worth.  I don't want to start a
flame war with you Michael, so lets just agree to disagree on this
issue.

Dan