(TFT) TFT: Ground Rules

Silas writes . . .

>The one thing I love about this list is the one thing that makes me a
>little nervous. The number of suggestions being implemented could make
>for characters who don't travel well. As it stands, a character created
>in Michaels campaign won't travel well into Dans. So if we are all going
>to meet in an online game program, whose rules apply? I SAY STANDARD TFT
>RULES, UNTIL AN AGREED UPON SET OF "CORRECTIONS AND TALENTS" IS
>PRODUCED. This could take some time, or we'll just meet in small groups,
>checking out the "flavour" of each groups campaigns.

   This /is/ a problem with all of these optional rules flying around (and
I'm guilty of propagating them more than anyone here :) but it's not a big
problem.  I've noticed that part of the culture of role-playing gaming is,
"The GM gets to choose what optional rules are used" and I agree with this
meta-rule.  GM creates world, GM makes ground rules, GM recruits players,
players agree to abide by ground rules, GM runs campaign, players have fun.

   Here's another spell . . .

IQ 11 SPELLS
WOOD FLESH (T): Like Stone Flesh, but this weaker version
   only stops 2 hits per attack.  Cost: 1 ST, plus 1 per turn
   maintained.

   I've also seen a spell like this somewhere called Bark Flesh, which I
believe also stopped 2 hits.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760