Re: (TFT) Jobs v. Adventuring

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Tulloh <daniel@jaws.greatwhite.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com <tft@brainiac.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: (TFT) Jobs v. Adventuring

>Justin,
>
>   I hope you didnt take my comment as a slam, that's certainly not
>   how I meant it.  I just didn't know if you were aware that basic
>   subsistence wages were already removed from the ones listed in
>   the table.
>
>   GM's can certainly get creative on ways to separate PC's from
>   their money.  City taxes, Gate taxes - anything a desperate
>   monarch who's short on cash can dream up.
>
>>There are generally three reasons characters adventure for and they are
>>RELIGION, WEALTH, and being FORCED into it.
>
>   The only other thing I can think of to add here would be revenge.
>
>Dan

No offense taken. You didn't know whether I knew or forgot that rule or not.
That's why I put thanks for the comment.  I enjoy the critique's this list
(up to 187 hits in ten days) gives me and I give other people.  If anyone
takes any of these critiques to heart, all I have to say is one thing (some
people don't like it) "IT'S ONLY A GAME!!!" and a dead game at that, that we
keep alive through this list.  I give Joe "Mnoren" status for spending the
time and personal wealth in keeping this site up.  When it comes to this
list and our critiquing each others house rules I will paraphrase Voltaire,
"I may not like what you say but I will defend your right to say it."

Thanks, you are right!  RELIGION, WEALTH, being FORCED into it, and REVENGE
are the four reasons adventurers adventure.

Yours in Cidri and never takes offense,
Justin