Re: (TFT) Pole weapons and pet peeves

From: J&S <strngcrgonyc@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:19:10 -0700

grabowski wrote:

> Pet peeve
> Zombie rings:  Here is an magic item worth $3000.  This ring arrests the
> process of decay of 1 ST per day. For some reason, TFT does not like its > lesser undead because in order to have them for a long time they need zombie > rings. My peeve with this is the fact that the party destroys 10 zombies > that reside in a tomb, they get 10 zombie rings for a possible $30,000. Why
> fight dragon's when we can fight weaker undead and still make a buck?
> Because of this I shyed away from the use of these (skeletons/zombies)
> undead. This was one rule the players wouldn't let me change. I wonder why
> Steve created this rule.
>
> Yours in Cidri,
> Justin
A GM could always have the rings deactivate at the "demise" of the
undead it was animating, therefore becoming nothing more than a 20
copper piece trinket.
Just an idea
SILAS

Perhaps if there were only one ring to power them and it was on the finger of the creater/sorcerer and it was psychic/magically linked to the 20 copper piece trinket link, then if you killed the zombie you got nothing, but if you got the sorcerer, you got the $30,000 ring.

If you needed to keep fatigue cost and the dollar cost equivelant(one $30,000 per zombie), perhaps you need to enchant each gem (one gem per zombie) on the ring, and also bypassing the rule of five (but perhaps not.)

Hail Melee,
John Paul