(TFT) Re: Dave's Pole weapons.

	Hi Dave, everyone.

	The problem with the new pole weapon damages below
is you are assuming that they will always get the 3 hex charge for
double damage.  If the other guys win initiative, there is a very
good chance that they won't get that double damage.  At their
current damage people won't take them because they MUST get
that double damage to be ok.  After the inital charge, the weapons
are pretty much useless.

	(By the way, wouldn't the average damage of a 2d-5
for the javelin be 2 points of damage?)

	I penalize the DX of pole weapon users if they have a
wall or enemy person (-6 DX) in their rear hexes  or a friendly
person (-4 DX) in their rear hexes.  This change has gone a long
way to bringing the pole weapons back under control.

	I agree that there are too many meaningless posts on the
list.  I don't like wasting my time.

	Rick.