(TFT) Measuring up: Giants

About 4 meter or 13 foot Giants,

If a typical Giant is just a human with gigantic proportions, it would seem
as though that a 4 m. giant would only be a two hexer rather than a three
hexer.  If you took the typical human from finger tip to finger tip, a
little bit more 1/5 would be body width.  This would mean that the 13 foot
giant may have a shoulder spread of about 4-5 feet, which would take up two
hexes, if the hex is a meter or a little bit more than three feet.  Why the
three hexes?  I don't want to hear about room to manuever as the typical
human only has a meter to fight in!  Three hexes, giant crab maybe but
giant
humanoid, nah!  Start shooting!

Also know this in TFT:ITL (p.51) or AW (p.14) it never mentions that a
giant
is a three hex creature.  The only mention is a passing one under facing in
AM (p.6).  That's kind of odd!

Yours in Cidri and have fun shooting,
Justin<

Yeah, your right. 3-hex giant's have always bugged me from a visual
standpoint, but from a boadgame standpoint it works out well...a 1-hex
giant would allow too many people to realistically coordinate their
attacks.

This is going to make it hard to come up with 'standard' monsters sizes,
but I'm going to try!

I'll keep you posted as it progresses.

Michael
====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.