(TFT) Random NPCs

I devised this little chart back when I was running TFT.  It's a quick way
to come up with NPCs who aren't all just alike.  You can roll up several in
advance and keep them on hand when you need a quick bad guy, non-combatant,
or whatever.  Of course you can just say, "He's a 34-point fighter" and
place the points however you want, but I found myself getting in a rut when
I did that.  Bad guys who weren't all just the same had a better "feel"
while I was GMing.

THE CHARTS:
                                                    Avg.
                  Roll         Min.   Avg.   Max.   Total
Non-combatants:  6 + 2D3       8      10     12     30

    Greenhorns:  6 + D3+D4     8      10.5   13     31.5
                 6 + 2D4       8      11     14     33

   Experienced:  6 + D4+D6     8      12     16     36
                 6 + 2D6       8      13     18     39

      Veterans:  6 + D6+D8     8      14     20     42
                 6 + 2D8       8      15     22     45

What I used to do was roll up sets of 3 attributes and then assign them
however I wanted.  Sometimes I actually figured out the NPC's talents, but
usually it wasn't necessary.  This does require poly-sided dice of the sort
found in other games, but how many of us have none of those?

If you have or write a program or a spreadsheet that will do random numbers,
you can print sheets and sheets of numbers in the range you want and plug
them in as needed:  A veritable cast of thousands!