(TFT) Re: Giants

srydzews@ix.netcom.com  asks: << ...One question, though, what is the "HS"
rating? >>

Stan,  HS refers to hits stopped.  I'm using these figures as the inherent
toughness of a giant's hide, which basically includes the relative equivalent
of WARRIOR and/or VETERAN.  Since the strength bonuses giants receive allow
them to waive most armor penaties, a giant equipped with a tower shield and
armor in addition to his own toughened skin becomes quite formidable, even if
he wont get a chance to hit much at DX 9 or 10.

mbrewer@psphalifax.ns.ca  then says: << I like some of my giants more
intelligent and a bit kinder than you've described as befits the more
sociable of the giants that players can run as characters. >>

Mack,  I'm pretty much thinking of them as monsters or as NPCs.  Obviously if
you wanted to play one as a PC, you want to go into some more detail, and
modify the rules for that particular campaign, so as to allow for a more
playable character.

As for the Fog and Mountain Giants found in the Fiend Folio, I'm afraid we
never got that far, but I'm sure they could be included as well.

Thanks for the kind words.  I'll pass on some more of the stuff we've used
soon.  Play continues on the Wizardwall Tuesday night.