(TFT) Ironing out the chain of command

... Can you
>bloody well give me a _single_, one SINGLE BLOODY reason why
>I should let you do ANY of the bloody mad things you have asked for?

	Padrone nods, and looks thoughtful.
	You are probably right about training the peasants, and I was
not worrying myself overly much with legal niceties once we get back
home.  I may have gone to far in thinking the Thorsz would support us
if we choose to train a few of the peasants that show some promise.
But I _saw_ the bodies being piled up like so many sheep before a
festival when Lance and I scouted the road home.  If we are overrun
the workers are going to die, I wanted them to at least have a chance to
take just one of the enemy with them.  It isn't much of a chance, but
even if they all die, they might buy us the time by drawing some fire
and troops away from the real fighters to make a difference.  Also
they can drop rocks and push over ladders.

	"Damn Me!  I don't remember seeing prods any where.  Do
you have any of the bloody things constructed?"

	"Ah... No sir, we have the wood ready, but have been too
busy so to get started on them."

	"Hrmmph!  You were saying some thing about the peasants?"

	"It is just I don't like to see men, or centaurs, or elves,
or even orcs, or _anybody_ that serve the Thorsz in battle or with labor
cut down like grain to feed the advancing enemy army.  But you are
thinking of after the victory.  I am thinking of living long enough to
take a lot of them with us before we die."
	"But you are right.  I had let my guard down and become
defeatist in my thinking.   I've told the men we are going to win
this thing, and they believed me.  I got to tell you, Sir.  I threw up
a prayer or two for a few good fighters and heros to help us hold these
walls.  I am right glad to see you and your men.  We have a chance
now.
	"Given that they did save your life, and mine, and the rest of
our troops, perhaps we can overlook their indiscretion when they
grabbed weapons and attacked the enemy?  They were not revolting,
just following Pak's orders."

	"Damn me!" roars the Decathon, "That's just what I bloody
well mean!  Your TROOPS are arming the damn scum!"

	"Sir, with respect!  You and I would be a goblin's lunch
if it was not for Pak's initiative!"

	The Decathon' takes a deep breath but seems to swallow
the curse that was about to erupt.  For long seconds there is nothing
said.  A couple of times the officer seems to be about to say some
thing, but remains quiet staring at Ben for at least half a minute.

	Then Tm Cremp says, "Damn me! I know I will bloody
well regret this, but we will do it your way for now.  You will stay
in charge of your troops and the damn, bloody sheep.  I won't
interfere with how you run this bloody mad house.  Two things,
I damn well want that insubordinate ass whipped bloody for
questioning an officer's authority.  And I want 3 times as many
steps built on the North and West walls by the end of tomorrow.
The wounded can build prods for pushing over ladders. Damn
Me!"

	With that the Decathon Leader turns and stomps off
to finish the inspection.