(TFT) genetics & goblins

Dear all
I just clicked the 'send' button on my last missive when I realised that
I'd thought about this genetic stuff before with goblins and hobgoblins. In
my next campaign (which I'll play when my kids sleep more),  i had an idea
that goblins and hobgoblins were of the same species with different
expression of the same gene, a recessive 'h' gene, which will produce a
big, stupid goblin rather than a small clever one. This recessive gene is
very common in some areas (eg.compare to blue eyes) and almost unheard of
in others.
Generally goblins ,who are pragmatic and foresightful about these things,
accept a hobgoblin child with equanimity and may raise him for a while
before sending him off to a designated hobgoblin commune or some hobgoblin
relatives.
Cas