(TFT) Re: Nisibi Magic

Cas Liber writes:  << man, you done some cool stuff! Is there anything else
to this new group of  spells (eg: perrequisite, only learnt at special place
etc.). Sorry, I never read Robert Aspirin so I don't understand the term
Nisibi >>

No apologies necessary Cas.  I'm glad you like the stuff.

The Nisisibi (or Nisisbis) are I assume a creation of Janet Morris, who was a
contributing authour to Asprin's collection of intermingled short stories.

So as to what you are you are looking for in prerequisites or where to learn
this magic, I suggest from an exotic land, or a snake cult, or a society with
a lot of snake worship.  This is how we played it into my campaign.  None of
the PCs have it.  I just use it against them for now.  If they actually take
the time reseach and learn it while in that region maybe they can pick it up.

Then again, you could just incorporate them into the regularly available
spells.  Depends on you as the GM, and how you want to regulate your world.
I did similar thing with weapons, which were somewhat exotic and did a little
more damage than their counterparts on the TFT tables, but I qualified it by
making PCs use an talent point to learn the specialities of the exotics
weapon.  Much like learning the boomerang or bola skill on top of thrown
weapons.