Re: (TFT) TFT: Tollenkar's Lair (spoiler)

Dear Dave
that was certainly very descriptive. I know what you mean about D&D
adventures moving from room to room. There was one AD&D 1st ed. module
which had specific provisions for (and specifically aimed for) a mass
combat - WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (come to think of it, this would
have been a good module to convert to TFT, but I can't remember what I did
with my copy). Certainly, when I DM'ed both G2 & G3 of the Giant series,
they both ended up as mass rumbles in the dungeon, where a high proportion
of the monster population died in one combat. I converted G2 to TFT and a
similar thing happened I think (many yrs ago- memory fuzzy). I recall that
these mass rumbles added an air of excitement, as the players kept facing
more & more opponents who kept arriving in dribs & drabs from various parts
of the dungeon.
3 cheers for mass rumbles!!

Cas