(TFT) Stan's efforts

Stan stated,

<<<I don't know that Justin necessarily disagrees with me on that
point.  But at any rate, even if my figures are high they're
certainly more reasonable than ITL's.  If you're concerned
about the $2 cost per shot that the 18th c. weapons would have
then why use them?>>>>

I don't disagree with any thing that Stan has stated.  I like the fact that
he went through the effort to give us his excellent interpretation of how
much gunpowder in Cidri should cost.  I just give the facts that I know
(just like Jack Webb) about black powder weaponry.

Here's a question though:

 "How come SJ went straight to arquebus that was developed in the early
1400's and blunderbus (thunder gun in Dutch) that was developed in the early
1600's, rather than include hand cannon developed in the late 1200s/early
1300s?   The  hand held ignition system would be more appropriate for
medieval Cidri before the later models?"

Why did armies go to firearms (slow loading, short range, and apt to
misfire) to begin with rather than stick with the longbow (that fired faster
and farther)?  I know the answer do you???

If you are interested I will give you more info on 17th-18th century
artillery in the near future.

Yours in Cidri,
Justin