Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V1 #249

On 10/08/99 00:37:40 Nils wrote:

>A small note on ramspeed, the ships are play balanced
>but not historical. I havn't played for years, but researched the subject
>when trying to make my own game. For sailing, I like Wooden Ships & Iron Men
>although you will be confused if you try to find the scale of the game for
>matching with tft. It has no scale so you don't have to worry about
>which war uses which scale.
>
>nils

For galleys, Avalon Hill's Trireme is a fine product.  It's about as
complex as WS&IM (although it has no "basic" rules).  War Galley, a
recent GMT offering on the subject is really much more of a fleet-level
game.  To my mind it doesn't have the emphasis on individual ships needed
to make it work as an RPG annex.

Of course, Trireme was long out of print even before AH bought the farm,
but as TFT'ers we should be used to that state of affairs.