(TFT) TFT: Griefs

Michael writes . . .

>Someday I intend to do an expansion on the "Ships & Swords" article
>by Glenn L. Williams, combining it with the Ram Speed Mircogame to
>create sailing ship rules... The Milton Bradely game "Conquest of
>the Empire" has some great little ship miniatures as well.....and
>of course, the Milton Bradely game "Broadsides and Boarding Parties"
>has a 25mm sized plastic pirate ship as well and some pretty good
>sailing rules as well...

   I understand that Steve Jackson was into Legos in a big way, and designed
a pirate ship game around them.  That was a few months ago . . .  he must
have finalized the design by now.

Joe writes . . .

>AM really made TFT a role-playing system.  I felt this could be used
>either to add depth to a campaign, or could drag one down with all
>the details.  Every game I ever played ended up using a hybrid of
>rules, most from the books, but some workarounds to speed up gameplay.

   ::raises hand::  Yep, me too.  For my campaign I have about a 32-page
handout covering rule changes, new spells, etc. . .  and we've playtested to
the point that additional changes are becoming few and far between.
Fortunately it hasn't been all that hard to put it all together; TFT lends
itself well to modification.

srydzews writes . . .

>Here's a creature that I thought someone might find useful.
>They worked out fairly well in a city adventure I ran last
>year.
>
>Griefs

   Hey!  I like these little bastards a lot.  I think I'll try to
incorporate them into my next adventure.  Thanks for creating them, and to
everyone else for new monsters.  8^)

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: Good food, chintzy portions, false advertising, criminal staff