Re: (TFT) thrown weapon talent

From: "Cas Liber" <casliber@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: (TFT) thrown weapon talent
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:41:47 -0000

Dear Stan
<snip> if one was going to be strict, one could say that the Thrown
Weapons talent implies something like a ' quick draw' action, where a hero pulls his weapon out and hurls it in an automatic-type way (like a cowboy quick-drawing a pistol). Thus in order for someone to ready it for attacking with rather than throwing requires a change of grip (say, like forehand to backhand in tennis), and a GM could require a 2 or 3 dice roll vs. DX for this action in the heat of battle, a fail indicating a rounds' delay, like normal heroes, or a fumble means a dropped weapon..
Having said this, I'd probably just be nice though

just an idea,
Cas

Stan, I would have to go along with Cas. Thrown Weapon talent seems like is a fluid motion of grasp, pull and loop, throw in one movement. If you do this type of thing and don't throw, you are probably grasping the weapon in an unbalanced way.

As someone noted in an earlier e-mail, I would allow a weapon marked with an asterisk [I think that indicated throwability] to be attempted fastdraw via Thrown Weapon talent, but with a -2DX roll. If missed, its readied next turn.

Hail Melee,
John Paul