(TFT) Greff's Journal 9th night

	I was talking to Jochob 'min, the Logent of the
new men who have joined us, and I found out that some
of what I said about the Decathon Leader was wrong.

	I was confused because I heard Jochob refer to
Decathon' Tm Cremp as a 'hundred leader'.  I came up to
talk to Jochob about it.  He is a very tough, heavy fighter
with this huge, ugly scar running across his whole face.
He is a very nice person to talk to and explained what
had happened.

	Doror' Tm Cremp was a Hundred Leader in
charge of his century which was ambushed.  He single
handedly (almost) fought off the century that had
ambushed his troops and saved about half of his people.
The Thorsz was really angry about him walking into the
trap and losing all of those people, and DEMOTED him
to Decathon Leader since "...a Decathon is all you have
left."

	Jochob thinks that Doror' got a bad deal, & that
lots of leaders have made a mistake or two with out being
busted down in rank, and so he keeps on calling him
a "hundred leader".  It is too bad about the Decathon'
losing his rank, but it means that we have an even more
experienced leader than I first thought.

	Jochob says that the "Hundred Leader" got his
rank by fighting his way thru the Death Test (the origional
one with a summoned giant in the last room) BY HIM-
SELF.  Wow!  I sure wish I had woken up in time to see
him before he went off to attack the goblins.

	Well all I've done today is rest and eat, and I'm
exhausted!  My ankle is hurting like a bastard and I sure
wish I had a healing potion to fix it.  (Galendaar says it
may never heal properly without a potion, but he has cast
his healing spell on me to do what he can.)  Anyway I'm
going to have another bite to eat, since the Padrone is
putting us on extra rations.  Then I'll head to bed.  The
badly wounded don't have a watch tonight, so I get a full
night's sleep.

	***

	GM's Note:  a Logent is a "Lower Sergeant".