(TFT) We are the Elite of TFT

Dear fellows

I was just mulling over the good news that Joe heralded earlier about Howard being found and perhaps in negotiation to ressurect TFT in new hands. If so and it is published again, we (this user group) will no doubt be the first in line to buy the rereleases.

But a game does not last if it is not plowing new territories (or modules, rules, etc.) Whoever is the new publisher, even if he (I'm assuming it is a he) creates, writes and publishes ALL on his own, will need playtesters to try out the product. This usergroup probably has more TFT experience combined with gaming skills than he will find anywhere else. I would bet we get to be the core playtesters for new TFT products and correct any mistakes found.

But suppose the new publisher wants more than just mistakes corrected. I would suspect that he would be looking for a way to broaden the game, and expand into new territories (then again, the new guy might want to shelve the game so he has no competition for his new similar game. Oh noooo!) Steve Jackson seemed to have pulled a lot of ITL and Advanced Melee from The SpaceGamer and Interplay articles. With the debates that we have had on this site, we have expanded our philosophy of TFT to much greater hieghts than what was contemplated three years before. I would go so far as to say that we are the elite of The Fantasy Trip. That this site and its links will be the place to go if you want TFT information. And WE contribute to this site.

Also with the various extremes of TFT Purity to Model Reality to Lets Tinker Till We Get What We Want shown on this website, the new publisher has a number of directions he can go. This group has already come up with things previously (Ty's & Rick's published stuff) and currently (the musings of the rest of us). This was all in a cold war feeling of "is it safe to mention this original rule or will I be sued (or even that it isn't right because of no publisher consent)." If the new publisher lifts this oppression off by allowing us freedom to talk (by not suing us as long as we don't step over what he considers a violation of HIS copyright.), the creativity of this group will explode (as long as we don't feel OUR future copyrights will be violated.) We will be the future module builders and expansion set makers in this renaissance of TFT, because we are here, living and creating TFT each week!

WE WILL MAKE OR BREAK TFT!
WE WILL SPREAD THE WORD OF TFT AND TAKE DOWN THE OTHER LESSER GAMES!
WE WILL TAKE OVER THE OTHER EVIL GAME COMPANIES!!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!
ZEIG HEIL!

er...I seem to have wandered a bit, but most important, I see a bright future ahead of us.

Hail Melee,
John Paul