(TFT) TFT: RPG's

Justin writes . . .

>This remind me of an incident in high school in the 70s.  We used to
>play Fletcher Pratt's rules for Naval Warfare on the typical square
>tiled floor you find in a lot of older high schools (probably
>containing asbestos) . . .

   That reminds me of the /Traveller/-esque homebrew high-tech combat rules
we whipped up and played with in high school, including various weapons such
as antimatter grenades.  We used a map of the high school -- conveniently
provided by the faculty -- as the battleground.  We had lots of fun with
this very simple little game.
   On the other hand, I've been trying to design my own RPG for the past few
months now and it's progressing very slowly.  It just so happens that my
design was similar to the simple Car Wars system, but now I'm not so sure I
want to go that route.  Game design is /hard/!  I'm still working on the
task resolution system!

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: Good food, false advertising, chintzy portions, criminal staff