Re: [Re: (TFT) I knew this guy]

I game mastered a TFT campaign that ran over five years and found that one way
to handle pesky players is to begin to treat everything he does literally, and
start counting the impact of little actions (stop motion as it were)
Player: I start digging
GM: What do you dig with?
Player: I start digging
GM: Where do you dig?
Player: I start digging
GM: Do you dig in the morning, or the evening?
Player: I start digging
GM: You start digging and it seems to be raining
Player: I start digging
GM: You make a muddy two inch-deep hole. The townspeople (or, if outdoors,
various sundry creatures like wolves, bears, etc) are beginning to look at you
curiously. Your companions notice you've left your equipment lying on the
ground.
sooner or later the character gets dragged off to jail, or attacked by animals
or the other player characters steal his possessions and carry on with their
adventures (I also found I could break up a game into several locales with
action happening in each). If while in jail, Mr Pest continues his "I start
digging" routine, other NPCs appear and start mocking him by also saying "we
start digging" in exactly his tone of voice. Before I started rpgs, I never
realized the drastic effects on player behavior slight intonations of voice or
mocking movements would have. While running an oriental campaign, I loved
sending NPCs to taunt the samurai character into a fight (which would make him
lose honor points). I managed to do it several times just by making faces

alan

alan