(TFT) The physics of charging with pole arms

Stan stated,

<<<Now from a "reality" point of view, of course it's possible for
someone being charged to dodge aside and leap at their attacker,
but you can make the same argument about a person with a sword.
Why is he any less able to dodge aside or warp time or whatever
these HtH people are doing?>>>

Pole weapon rules for charges, using the Dan Tulloh euphemism, are BOGUS.  I
agree with you Stan.  Added to this, realistically I think that pole weapons
should only get the damage bonus AGAINST charge attacks or in charge attacks
only if mounted.  Think of this, let's say because of encumbrance a
character has an MA of 4 and an adjDX of 12 and a spearman attacking him has
an MA of 10 and an adj of 10.  The first character starts one hex away from
the spearman and in his turn runs directly away from him at full MA.  The
spearman charges after the first character and hits with the spear.  Now
here's my question, realistically (think physics) should this spearman be
able to do double damage????

Also related to what Stan stated about dodging aside.  Halberdiers/pikeman
and two-handed swordsman worked together in formations.  The two handed
swordsman's were trained to break the haft of any polearms that attacked the
formation.  Perhaps a talent???

Yours in Cidri,
Justin