Re: (TFT) Fire damage

David,

I like your chart, but my memory of burn catagories is a lot
different.  I don't remember there being a 4th degree burn,
but rather just three degrees.  From reading your descriptions,
you could almost shift each one back a bit.  First degree goes
away, 4th goes to 3rd, etc.

Brennan

Yes, you are correct. Actually I figured to do away with fourth degree burns. It's a little heavy to have that much mortality. 15 points of damage from fire is a lot in TFT. One would have to stand in a fire hex for four turns, get hit by an average 6 die fireball, or get hit by a molotov and fail about four or five saving throws to catch fire and continue burning long enough. Only the strongest could survive. On top of that, 15 points of fire damage still has all the other cool effect; silver softens, lead melts, buildings catch fire. Any character burned that badly will still have 3rd degree burns. The method of predicting survival of 3rd degree burns is based on the percentage of skin burned. At fifty percent coverage the chance of survival grows very slim. I felt this was too much data to add to the game. There are diferent percentages for arms and legs based on a persons age, sex, and weight. I used fourth degree burns instead. I realize now that was an inacurate summation, based on the sources I cited. I had forgoten about it. Anyone using the chart should edit it out.

    David Michael Grouchy II