Re: (TFT) Calling All TFTers!

From: "Brennan O'Brien" <veilheim@yahoo.com>

   cool address.
Help!!

  Ok.
I need a bunch of quicky characters!!

  Well, just cut right to the point.
Can people send me a couple of characters -- prefer humans -- and namethem!
  No problem.
I've got a group of 9 that aren't used to playing TFT that want to play on Saturday, and I don't have the time to make characters for all of them (and it will be a short game, so I really want to get right into the action).

  Nine in the tunnel.
  Two Dwarven wall in front.
  Three polearms behind.
  Backed up by two halfling archers.
  That leaves two wizards.
If you can, name those guys, too...  I'll post the results here.

I see. You mentioned their names twice. Just a guess here, but that means the names should be relevant.
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou....

Not three, but four thank yous. I have this guilty feeling I should get to work. Too bad its 1:00am Friday night. Lets see. "Robin Hood", "Conan", and "D'artangnon." This should be the second rank. Lets talk about the front rank first.

Ask, who doesn't want to die.  They are the two guys in front.
Dwarf Wall(Names:  Gloom & Doom)
ST:  17(_17__)  Armour_9____  Wounds:
DX:   6(_ 0 _)  Ready _2+2d_
IQ:   9(__9__)  Social______  Fatigue:
MA:  10(__6__)
            Talents
Axe/mace(3), Shield(1), Warrior(3), Human(1), Literacy(1)

            Equipment
Ready:  Battle Axe
Secondary:  Morning Star
           Shield
Packed:

Ask who wants all the experience.  They are the three backup.
Robin Hood
ST:  11(_11__)  Armour_0____  Wounds:
DX:  12(_15__)  Ready__1+1__
IQ:   9(__9__)  Social______  Fatigue:
MA:  10(_10__)
             Talents
Qarterstaff(1), Bow(2), Missile Weapons(3), Literacy(1), Sword(2)

             Equipment
Ready:  Long Bow 1+1
Secondary:  Quarterstaff  1+1
           Short sword  2-1
Packed:

Conan
ST:  15(_15__)  Armour_0____  Wounds:
DX:   9(__9__)  Ready__2+2__
IQ:   8(__8__)  Social______  Fatigue:
MA:  10(_12__)
             Talents
Axe/Mace(2), Swiming(1), Sword(2), Polearm(2), Literacy(1)

             Equipment
Ready:  Pike Axe
Secondary:  Battle Axe 3
           Two Handed Sword 3-1
Packed:

D'artagnon
ST:   9(__9__)  Armour_1____  Wounds:
DX:  14(_13__)  Ready__1____
IQ:   9(_10__)  Social______  Fatigue:
MA:  10(_10__)
             Talents
Sword(2), Fencing(3), Guns(2), Literacy(1), Diplomacy(1)

             Equipment
Ready:  Finely Made +1DX rapier
Secondary:  Arquebus 3+3($150 per shot)
           Main Gauche
Packed:

Ask who wants to risk hurting their friends.  These are bowmen.
Hobbit archer (Names:  Mayberry & Springfeild)
ST:   9(__9__)  Armour______  Wounds:
DX:  13(_19__)  Ready__1____
IQ:   9(__9__)  Social______  Fatigue:
MA:  10(_10__)
             Talents
Bow(2), Missile Weapons(3), Charisma(2), Literacy(1), Recognize Value(1)

             Equipment
Ready:  Small Bow
Secondary:  +2 on all reactions
           Hands 1-3
Packed:

And lastly there are the Wizards.  Abbot & Costelo
Abbot
ST:   9(__9__)  Armour______  Wounds:
DX:  12(_12__)  Ready__1____
IQ:  11(_11__)  Social______  Fatigue:
MA:  10(_10__)
             Talents
Illusion(2), Reverse Missiles(2+1), Persuasiveness(2+1), Trip(2), Confusion(1per -2 IQ), Literacy(), Alchemist(), Staff(5), Blur(1+1)
             Equipment
Ready:  Baseball Bat Staff
Secondary:  10 Healing potions
           Invisibility potion
Packed:

Costelo
ST:  12(_12__)  Armour______  Wounds:
DX:  12(_12__)  Ready__1____
IQ:   8(__8__)  Social______  Fatigue:
MA:  10(_10__)
             Talents
Staff(5st), Magic Fist(1per 1-2), Blur(1+1), Slow movement(2), Drop Weapon(1), Image(1), Detect Magic(1), Literacy()
             Equipment
Ready:  Baseball Bat Staff
Secondary:

Packed:

dw  Dwarf Wall
rh  Robin Hood
C   Conan
d'  D'artagnon
h   Hobbit archer
a   Abbot
c   Costelo

Dwarf walls are in front.
                     __
                  __/  \__
                 /  \__/  \
                 \__/  \__/
               __/  \__/  \
            __/  \__/  \__/
           /  \dw/  \__/
           \rh/  \dw/
         __/  \c_/  \
      __/  \h_/  \d'/
     /  \a_/  \h_/
     \__/  \c_/
     /  \__/  \
     \__/  \__/
        \__/

Against an Ogre
                     __
                  __/  \__
                 /  \__/  \
                 \__/  \__/
               __/  \OG/  \
            __/  \__/  \__/
           /  \dw/  \__/
           \rh/  \dw/
        \__/

    The dwarf walls will never hit, but they absorb all the damage.
If the entire Second rank were Halberdiers instead of known personalities they could attack between the Dwarves. This would make for five poissible attacks per turn vs. just two hexes. If you count the archers, a possible seven attacks per turn, vs. just two hexes. With wizard support, who knows. Statisticaly the Ogre would die quickly, as it would have to critical to get throught the dwaven armour. This all depends on holding formation, and not getting attacked from the rear. The trick is not to advance untill the group can occupy the next megahex. They have to wait for the Ogre to close. If they step forward to where the Ogre is now, everything changes. Also, since the dwarves have a zero DX, and never hit anyway, it is customary for them to aim for the head and do sweeping blows. Sooner or later they will roll an automatic hit. An automatic hit to the head with a battle axe is devistating and dramatic.

          David Michael Grouchy II