Re: (TFT) your monster manual for tft. i noted a messsage from last

A few thoughts on your comments:

Well, I'd rather have one -- and change it according to my world -- than
not have it and have the author say "Hey, that's your problem - figure it
out for yourself". I dont think covering the basics is too difficult or
unwieldy. And I've certainly seen a need for it in a game.

Hasn't one of your players ever tried to keep a Slinker as a pet? What do
you feed it? How often, how does it behave? I think it will be a better
book if I attempt to answer these questions. The GM won't be upset if he's
given too much and just ignores it.....

Pteradactyl
insufficient?

I dont know - I havent even STARTED on that chapter yet. It's just on my
list of things to look at.....

Yeah, I expect that some of them will be pretty simple to answer, but he
asked if I needed help, and I don't have any problem with someone writing
an article or doing the research on these subjects!

archive.

That's a good article, but to my mind Ricks' other article on the
Advantages of Great Strength kind of negate it. If you get damage bonuses
for high ST, then you dont *need* to forge giant weapons. You can already
make a two-handed sword devistating... on where's a giant going to learn
Armourer (IQ 10) AND set up a forge!.

But the weapons questions that keep me up at night are.. what do pixie's
use?

Again, I haven't look at them in this context yet. I might like em fine,
but I might also find some things that don't work. These are just things I
have to look at...

Yeah, I think that explains why "Yrth" for GURPS Fantasy has always been so
incredibly dull. There's nothing like realism to ruin roleplaying.....

Anyway, thanks for the comments - I'll keep these in my monster list for
when I get to those parts of the book.

Just finished Talents for "V" monsters....

Michael

====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.