(TFT) Healing spells.

	Hi Everyone,

	One of the things I disliked about D&D was the
clerics being healing factories, with cheap healing being so
easy.  For that reason I resisted ANY healing spells in TFT
for a long time.

	Eventually the constant player pressure made me
realize that some sort of healing was needed so I made some
spells that would improve roleplaying while not making
healing cheap and easy.

	Basically the healing spells in my campaign make
you HEAL faster, even if adventuring in a freezing rain.  If
you do get bed rest you get an additional bonus.

	The very high level healing spells give you back a
point or two of damage, but you must cast the spell on the
wound within a short time of when the wound was created
and only once on the most recent wound.  This way it acted
like a bit of extra physicking.

	These rules work very well.  It allows adventurers
to heal damage while adventuring, but battles are still
deadly dangerous, because even the magical healing will
only give you back a point or two of damage (and they can't
be repeated cast).

	My Healing spells are listed below:

	By Rick Smith (C) 1998

IQ 7
T	Healing: Minor  This spell allows the subject to heal wounds and recover from damage from exposure without bed rest.  The subject will recover from wounds at the normal rate for his race (1 pt per 2 days for humans) while dungeon crawling, climbing tall mountains, or fighting Giant Slugs in howling jungles.
	If the subject does get bed rest, he will heal one extra point of damage / 10 days.
	This spell lasts one day unless willed off by the caster, or removed with a Remove Thrown Spell or Dissolve Enchantment.  This spell can not be maintained it must be recast.
	Cost:  4 fST

IQ 10
T	Healing: Lesser  preq Healing: Minor.  This spell allows the subject to heal wounds and recover from damage from exposure without bed rest.  The subject will recover from wounds at double the normal rate for his race (2 points of healing per 2 days for humans).
	If the subject does get bed rest, he will heal 1 extra point of damage / week.
	This spell lasts one day unless willed off by the caster, or removed with a Remove Thrown Spell or Dissolve Enchantment.  This spell can not be maintained it must be recast.
	Cost:  4 fST

IQ 13
T	Healing: Basic  preq Healing: Lesser.  This spell allows the subject to heal wounds and recover from damage from exposure without bed rest.  The subject will recover from wounds at triple the normal rate for his race (3 points of healing per 2 days for humans).
	If the subject does get bed rest, he will heal an extra point per 5 days.
	This spell lasts one day unless willed off by the caster, or removed with a Remove Thrown Spell or Dissolve Enchantment.  This spell can not be maintained it must be recast.
	Cost:  4 fST

IQ 16
T	Healing: Greater  preq Healing: Basic.  This spell allows the subject to heal any damage without bed rest.  The subject will recover from wounds at quadruple the normal rate for his race (4 points of healing per 2 days for humans).  If the subject does get bed rest, he will heal 1 extra point of damage per 3 days.
	If this spell is cast on a figure within 5 minutes of that person being wounded, this spell will heal 1 extra point of damage.  This point is in addition to any points that are healed by a physicker.  This spell will only work once per wound and only on the most recent wound (like physicking).
	If this spell is cast upon a person within an hour of the wounding, there is a 50% chance that any infections that would occure, do not.  This does not affect infections caused by  hostile magic or cursed or evil weapons.
	This spell lasts one day unless willed off by the caster, or removed with a Remove Thrown Spell or Dissolve Enchantment.  This spell can not be maintained it must be recast.
	Cost:  4 fST

IQ 19
T	Healing: Wonderous  preq Healing: Greater.  This spell allows the subject to heal any damage without bed rest.  The subject will recover from wounds at five times the normal rate for his race (5 points of healing per 2 days for humans).  If the subject does get bed rest, he will heal 1 extra point of damage per 2 days.
	If this spell is cast on a figure within 5 minutes of that person being wounded, this spell will heal 2 extra points of damage.  These points are in addition to any points that are healed by a physicker.   This spell will only work once per wound (like physicking).
	Additionally unless there is hostile magic or some sort of cursed or evil weapon, this spell if cast within an hour of the wound(s) will prevent any sort of infection in the wound(s).
	This spell does not heal disease, but casting it on a sick person will help give them the stammina to survive long enough to naturally overcome it.
	Lastly if a wound is so severe that a limb is crippled, this spell will usually return at least some function to the crippled limb, providing large amounts of flesh have not been carried away. This spell will never regrow a amputated limb but may make a healthier stump.
	This spell lasts one day unless willed off by the caster, or removed with a Remove Thrown Spell or Dissolve Enchantment.  This spell can not be maintained it must be recast.
	Cost:  4 fST

	(I increased the IQ of the Regeneration Spell.)

	By the way, I think the price of healing potions
is fine where it is.  There are no shortage of people buying
the 1 point potions at the current price which tells me that
they are worth it.  In fact my players usually buy 3 point
healing potions at $500 each.  (However I seem to have
a higher powered campaign than most people.

	Rick