Re: (TFT) Free City of Haven Characters

Joel,
You can use it if you want.
Justin

I found my conversion chart, Michael for The Free City of Haven (Gamelords,
1981, the same people who brought you Forest Lords, etc.)

Haven Characters to TFT

For ST = avg. Haven npc ST + SM (rounded down)
For DX = avg. Haven npc CO + RF (rded. down)
For IQ = avg. Haven npc DN, IQ, and TL (rded. down)

EXTRA CHARACTER POINTS TO ADD (all of these points are cumulative)

EXPERIENCE
Green = none
intermediate = +2
veteran = +2
elite = +2

HTK
16 -20 = +1
21 - 25 = +1
26 - 30 = +1
31 - 35 = +1
36 - 40 = +1
For every extra 10 after = +1 (rded. to the nearest)

PROFESSION
Add two for fighter, mage, thief, and assassin
Add one for priest, scholar, troubador,and trader
Add none for a non-  character
Characters stats and talents are more subjective related to the description
the book gives you of the npc.

EXAMPLE

Fenris Redbeard (#708) Found in the South Corridor

SUMMARY:  Experienced showman, shrewd money manager, life on the road,
charismatic leader of a carnaval.

Haven Stats:  Veteran troubador - ST 12, CO 11, SM 15, RF 7, DN 13, IQ 14,
TL 13
HTK 29.  Wears leather armor and carries a short sword

TFT Stats:  ST 13 (12+15)  DX 9 (11+7)  IQ 13 (13+14+13)  Additions:
veteran 4 + troubador 1 + HTK (29) 3 = additional points 8

Fenris Redbeard

ST 14  DX 13  IQ 16 (43 points)

TALENTS: sword (2), charisma (2), bard (2), horsemanship (1), driver (1),
business sense (2), recognize value (1), literacy (1), assess value (1),
master bard (2), diplomacy (1)

Because of his point value you may want to give him fine or magical armor or
weapon.  In my campaign, he had fine leather armor and a +1 mgk dmg
shortsword (2D6)

Yours in Cidri,
Justin