(TFT) luck and grace

Hi,
    Thanks for the welcome!
    In responce to a few of the comments:
Justin asked for a definition of 'adventure session'. What I mean by the term is 'an evening of playing with your buddies.' It can be flexible -- let the Game Master define, or reach a consensus with your group of players. I like Rick Smith's recommendation that luck and grace be less mechanical; it is important to maintain the willing suspention of disbelief. The origins of luck and grace ARE based on game mechanics. I agree with Dan Tullen that in arena combat, using tft as a wargame, I wouldn't use luck or grace, but in roleplaying though sudden death is sometimes appropriate, it isn't always. It is nice to give players an option, one that not all players will take when creating their characters. And I think luck and grace make playing a little more fun. By the way, Rick, I have been able to coerce a few friends occassionally into playing, but mostly I play solos. There is something about clearing off the kitchen table, spreading out my map and dice, opening up various accumulated rulesbooks... Makes for a pleasant quiet evening.
                             Yours,
                             Pat