(TFT) Thumbs down to house rules????

As I was rereading after 15+ years the intro to TFT, I noticed that Steve
mentions about consistancy of rules (p. 5 ITL)>>>>

"THE FANTASY TRIP is an attempt to set up a rule system that is complete
without being overwhelmingly technical - so the gamers can spend their time
gaming, rather than rewriting the rules."

But then again we all agree (well most of us) there are some problems with
the game (mostly minor) that could be fixed and may have been fixed if the
game had survived as a publishible entity.  Hence, the HOUSE RULES!!!!!

Jaypus states,

- it is to determine what works or not in the vast expanse of Cidri ... >>>-
what the unified Cidri Paper hopes to do is - bridge the old and the new

The problem with this is agreement.  Hence many different sets of house
rules.  If you look at the archives, what I agree with someone else does not
agree with.  Many a person has been flamed and left because of this.  I have
seen many ideas I liked but I also like another that was just as good and
don't know which one to use.  Maybe the best way Jay is to have the list
vote on problem areas "democratically" one rule concern at a time.  In this
way creating basically a web Fantasy Codex

Some areas of concern on rules that I have seen over the past year and a
half:

Charging/pole weapons
Fatigue and spells
ST attribute problems
New talents and problems with old talents
Talents and IQ
HTH combat
If anyone else can add to these please do.

If we can agree on these topics then I believe a New Codex can be created.

Yours in Cidri,
Justin

P.S.  There are many broken records on this list.