(TFT) TFT: Angels

Patrick writes . . .

>     I have been thinking about the postings of a week or so ago
>regarding demons.  [snip]

   I like this angels idea.  I imagine them as having the same stats as
demons, but (a) they don't necessarily come from God or any other diety, (b)
they have the opposite "alignment" as demons (but neither makes the big deal
about it that D&D does), (c) angels will not perform a service that directly
benefits the summoner (only indirectly at best), (d) an angel will not grant
a wish, (e) an angel will not perversely twist orders like demons do (they
follow the /spirit/ of the summoner's orders, and not necessarily the
letter -- but one might do something that was "for the summoner's own good"
that he might not want!), (f) they fly instead of teleport (insert
offsetting advantage here), and (g) the spells to summon them are otherwise
just like the demon spells.
   If c above is true, then demons should refuse orders that do not
selfishly and directly benefit the summoner -- the opposite of angel
philosophy.
   Speaking of D&D, I see angels as more "lawful" than "good", and demons
more "chaotic" than "evil."  I believe in judeo-christian writings it's
clear that God (angel side) wants you to do and not do what he says (and has
laid out a plethora of rules to live by) while Satan (demon side) merely
teaches that you shouldn't necessarily obey God's rules just because he says
so, and that you should think for yourself instead of blindly following
God's word.  Check out this interesting web site:

http://www.satanism101.com

   Anyway . . .  In this sanitized version of angel/demon summoning (without
the icky diety angle) both must come from the same place that all other
summoned creatures come from -- wherever that is -- but /not/ heaven or
hell.  Some other plane, perhaps?  Maybe the demons and angels /are/ in
charge on that plane.  They're the most powerful beings, and they vie for
power there.
   (Did you ever wonder where all those summoned myrmidons came from?  Or
better yet, where do they go when we're done with them?  Need more research
here.)

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: Those bastards . . .  even worse than Dell!