(TFT) Re: Interplay 5 - summoning overhaul

From: "Cas Liber" <casliber@ozemail.com.au>
> I got Interplay 5 and there was an article about overhauling the Summoning
> System so that there were a series of spells similar to the AD&D Monster
> Summoning I-VII series, so that you could get all kinds critters (and you
> don't automatically disbelieve anything 'summoned' that isn't a gargoyle,
> wolf, giant etc.)
>
> So lets have a vote for our rules - do people prefer the 'specific'
> summoning spells or the more 'general (A la AD&D) summonig spells?

Well, my site has Bill Seurer's Summoning spells that are similar to what I
imagine the generic spells are like. They have specific limits on ST and DX,
and are reasonably balanced. They also nicely balance the Illusion spells.

http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/tft/

---
Brett Slocum  --  slocum@skypoint.com  --  ICQ #13032903
Home page: http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/
"Ah'm yer pa, Luke." -- if James Earl Ray was the voice of Darth Vader