(TFT) Translation

Back in the early eighties I told my players that soon I would have a campaign into which they could bring any character from any game. Some four years later I realized I had bitten off more than I could chew. The situation was finally solved by changing the wording of the promise to "I have made a campaign into which one may play any game system wished." This was accomplished by using a simple system of determining average hit points for beginning characters in each game system, comparing it to the average weapon damages, and determining the damage ratios between them. This resulted in the chart listed below. The average damage of a long sword may be compared to the average damage of a broad sword in another game. This gives one type of ratio. It was found that in some games a long sword would kill the average player in three hits, but in other games in two hits. There was also a difference in the spread of minimum and maximum damages for weapons. The min for a sword in AD&D is 1 point, but in other games, it was 2 or even 3 points. So the min+max+average was averaged together. To use the chart a character executes an attack according to the rules of their game of origin and the damage done. Then go down the left column, find the initials of their game, and then cross-reference to the game system of the person they are attacking. If the defender is an AD&D character convert their armour class to hits stopped (AC 10 stops zero, AC -10 stops twenty).

attacker
     avg hp  A  AD&D  BRP   CW   GRIPES  M      P    TFT
A     22.75   -    ½    ½    1/8   2/5   9/10   1/1   2/5
AD&D  12.25  9/5   -  19/20  1.4    ¾    7/8   19/10  4/5
BRP   11.55  2/1  1/1   -     ¼    7/8   9/10   2/1   7/8

CW     3     8/1  4/1  4/1    -    7/2   7/1   15/2  10/3
GRIPES 9.5  12/5 13/10 6/5   1/3    -   11/5    5/2   1/1
M     21     1/1  3/5   ½    1/7   3/7    -    11/10   ½

P     23.25  1/1   ½    ½    1/8   2/5   9/10    -    2/5
TFT    9.87  7/3  5/4  7/6   1/3   1/1   5/2    7/3    -

Abbreviation key:
  A       Afterbath
  AD&D    Advanced Ditches & Dullards
  BRP     Burping Role Players
  CW      Carbourator Warriors
  GRIPES  Generic Realy Idiotic Pointless Entertainment System
  M       Megababler
  P       Penflaggon
  TFT     The Fighting Trip
  hopefully someone can add the horror game "all of My TUTU"