(TFT) ebay

Dear all,
I remember a while back part of one of Michael's private messages slipping
through which seemed to indicate a problem with a seller on ebay (sorry to
pry Michael). I raise this as stuff turns up on ebay from time to time.
Anyone else have problems or are most people fairly trustworthy on it
(Luckily I have found most of the TFT I was looking for elsewhere)?<

No problem, it's not prying at all. And you definitely SHOULD be warned!

I've bought a LOT of stuff on eBay and had very, very good luck. But once
in a while you get burned. I've been pretty lucky.

My experience has been dont EVER buy anything unless its with a personal
check. If they wont take a check, dont bid! If they insist on a money order
of ANY kind they're probably trying to rip you off.

Of course, I'm sure plenty of  sellers will tell you they get bad checks,
but that's just lame - dont send the item until the check clears!

That said, I've been ripped off maybe 2-3 times in 80+ purchases. But
always by people who wouldnt take checks, and/or had very low Feedback
ratings, and/or were Game stores selling on eBay.

Remember that a 'new' seller who hasn't sold enough to make a good
reputation could just as easily be someone who had a BAD reputation and
created a new account. But I have been hosed by stores with good ratings as
well.

My advice, dont every buy unless you use a personal check and dont buy from
stores, they're often trying supplement their brick and mortor on a mass
basis and the people working the cash register dont really care. It's not
their money and its not their profit and it's not their stuff.

Before I go to eBay I ALWAYS check out www.titangames.com,
www.nobleknight.com and www.finegames.com. All good people, good prices and
fast delivery.

My two cents...