Re: Re: (TFT) TFT Release

>Okay, so here's a thought... a proposal, actually.
>
>Maybe I am optimistic, but I believe we could find 100
>people with $1000 each to form a company. This
>company's SOLE purpose would be to acquire the rights
>to TFT. [xnip]

Now *that* is interesting.

Well...if the company acquired the rights, and even one of
the members decided to go public domain, membership in the
company essentially becomes meaningless at that point.  I
don't see this as a problem, but I think we need to be clear
about what the purpose of the company would be--to release
the material into the public domain.

OTOH, public domain actually might not be the way to go,
because anyone would be free to take the material, change
it ever-so-slightly, copyright it again, and commence
harassing people.  The concept of "copyleft" might be the
better way to go: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/  That way,
anyone outside the company can do anything with the material
*except* copyright the stuff.  They could even sell copies
of it, so long as they didn't try to restrict the rights of
the buyers to themselves redistribute it.

Either way, incorporation would probably be necessary, and
considerable legal nonsense taken care of...how much of the
money would end up getting spent on legal fees?  Any idea?