Re: (TFT) TFT Release

Such an approach would never make a profit, of course.  If we wanted to
go the way of hiring people like Allston and Loubet, with the intent of
publishing a paper version through the game distributors, that would be
much more ambitious approach.  Profitable?  Quite possibly.  But
definitely
a different approach.

A middle of the road approach would be to set up a "foundation" that
would
seek and retain the rights, and publish softcopies, but that would
additionally
license the rights to someone with the resources to make a polished
second edition
with quality artwork, re-editing, etc.

Stan<

I'd certainly go with a middle-of-the-road approach. I dont necessarily
think they are mutally exclusive either. The 'foundation' could own the
rights and offer an on-line version, but someone could also organize a
paper version that might not make any make the polished version.

Heck, I'd go with anything that would bring the game back to the general
public!

As I've said in other posts, I dont really think it would be that hard to
agree on what makes TFT 'core' and what consititutes optional rules. I
think TFT's simplicity lends itself to modficiation better than almost any
other system.

Michael