[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Galdiator
cas liber wrote:
> hey, I just saw gladiator and saw Russell Crowe throw a
> shortsword! You can't do that in TFT!
Gol-dang, you're right! TFT campaigns should be rated
according to their "special effects budget". To activate
an effect of your campaign's budget level, roll 10 or less
on 3d6. Effects of a different level can be applied, but
with a +/-4 modifier to the roll for each level of
Blair Witch Level:
- Standard rules apply.
Low Budget Level:
- Characters can gain temporary +4 hit points (ST
with standard rules) simply by making witty and
cutting remarks to their antagonists. All old
wounds remain, but the added ST allows you to
take yet more wounds). It lasts until you are
healed. This can be repeated, but at a -2
cumulative modifier for each success.
- Characters can wield two-handed weapons with
one hand. (Repeat roll each round, failure
means no attack that round.)
- A missile weapon's quiver or other ammo source
can be instantly refilled with a successful SE
High Budget Level:
- Throw any one-handed weapon, requiring a to-hit
roll if the special effects roll is successful.
- Any character can substitute a special effects
roll for an acrobatics roll.
- Missile fire vs. a PC suffers a -1 "to hit" modifier
for each missile fired at him during the round. (Ten
missiles = -10 for each of them to hit).
- Make a special effects roll for each half-night of
sleep a character manages to get. He regains one ST
for each point the roll is made by.
Hong Kong Action Level:
- Figures attacking in melee combat have a cumulative
-3 penalty to hit per additional figure attacking the
- A slain PC can revive himself on a successful roll.
Only one attempt is allowed. If successful, the
revival may be either temporary or permanent:
Temporary: the revival only lasts for 1d6 rounds.
During this time any action the character attempts
will critically succeed, as if he rolled a 3 on 3d6.
No additional wounds will have any real effect on the
PC during this time.
Permanent: the character is at 1 ST, and may crawl away
to effect his revenge at some later time. No other effects.
- Characters may throw any *two-handed* weapon, as can
be done with one-handed weapons under the "high budget"
- Any NPC's death other than at the direct hands of a PC
can be circumvented, no matter how definite it looks.
Maybe the death was just a hoax, or the character jumped
aside at the last minute, or was saved by friendly
dolphins from drowning 1000 miles away from shore. The
rationale can be as tissue-thin as desired.
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body