(TFT) Re: Cheap Talents

> From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>
> Your right, I was kind of confused. You see, in I still have your lists
> that have lots of the regular talents at 'discount' prices (I even listed
> them in the Talents list as 'alternative' prices).
>
> I actually allow 1/4 point talents of an a very insignificant kind. Like
> cultures and relgions, etc. Is that what your talking about - talents that
> are less valuable than a whole point? Like splitting up Theif into
> Lockpicking and Pickpocket?

GURPS.... excuse me ;) I always assume that talents like Priest and
Veteran carry lots of baggage with them and if players want minor skills
they have to buy one of the packages. I like to think each talent is a
significant portion of a persons life and even my players didn't care
for the GURPS effect of too many damn talents or skills per character.
It makes the characters less unique and valuable. These 1/4 and 1/2
point skills are one of the things that turned me off of GURPS. Feel
free to run them in your campaign though.

Jim Eckman