Re: (TFT) SL/A vs TFT and other stuff

Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com> wrote:
> Message text written by INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com
> >For example, I still need a copy of Chitin:I, and there was one
> that sold for about $35 US last week! <
>
> $35!! They were practically GIVING it away at that price! That's around the
> minimimum it can be expected to go for in *crappy* shape!

I don't know who's paying that, but it's a lot more than I'm willing
to shell out.  It's the eBay phenomenon; people hate to lose auctions,
so things sell for a lot more than they would in a bricks-n-mortar store.

I've managed to collect almost all of the Metagaming line in the past
couple of years, and I don't think I overpaid for any of it.  The single
biggest item was The Ythri ($25 including shipping), but that's a large-
format game.

Reasonably priced items are out there if you're patient.  I picked up
the following for $54 (including shipping) a while back:

> Advanced Melee
> Advanced Wizard
> In the labyrinth
> Warrior Lords of Darok