RE: (TFT) Re: EPT for TFT?

Brett stated,

Everything Justin said is true. I just wanted to add on. Phil has created
many
of the languages of Tekumel, including grammars, written forms, and ancient
dialects. Tsolyani, the language of the main empire as far as PCs are
concerned, is fully realized and grammar and vocabulary described in The
Tsolyani Language, an out-of-print small press publication. There is also a
set of language lessons. Most of the others are less complete. There are 34
forms of the pronoun 'You' in Tsolyani, including the 'You of Polite
Anonymity'
(used with respectable-looking people of unknown status), the 'You of
Ultimate Inferiority' (used with slaves), the 'You of Supernal Omnipotence'
(only used with the Emperor or Empress), the 'you of Pleasurable Delight'
(used with a courtesan or concubine the speaker is having a relationship
with), etc. Great fun...>>>>>

Yes it is great fun but sometimes I believe the only one who could GM this
game is MAR himself.  He has created such an alien world to most of our
western standards that I am afraid to destroy the richness of the setting.
I am lucky enough to have known someone who played the first edition with
Phil as he affectionately called him and he said he is a trip.  See
Minnesota is not all Mary Tyler Moore, Jesse Da Bod, many lakes, and snow up
to your eyeballs (and of course Brett).  BTW Brett have you played with the
master himself, MAR or Phil.

BTW, if someone wants a decent couple of novels about Tekumel, look for
The Man of Gold and Flamesong in your sci-fi used book store. Both by
M.A.R. Barker.>>>>>>>

Bought them when they first came out in I think the early to mid-80s, read
them, enjoyed them, put them away, read them last year again, and enjoyed
them again.  There was talk about a third book but it never appeared.  There
have been three editions to EPT (TSR, Zocchi's GameScience, and
TOME --Theatre of the Mind Enterprises).

Now back to our sponsor!

Yours in Cidri,
Justin