(TFT) zombies again ala Romero?

After reading Mrur, I as thinking a bit about some scary movies I've seen
(Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, Return Of The Living Dead
etc.), which made zombies a helluva lot scarier than the adventurer-fodder
they generally are. I guess there are 2 ways to consider this:
One is that the zombies, especially the cunning ones from Return Of the
living dead (you know, "Bring more Paramedics...") are actually more like
ghouls and could be considered as such - though contagion isn't mentioned in
ITL, or a second option  is a Malignant Zombie Virus, which converts inert
zombie flesh into a living protoplasm - these zombies can regenerate by
eating human flesh, and also regenerate 1 ST per turn unless their brain is
destroyed. Also, a wound from one of these will cause the victim to lose
1ST/hour until dead at which point they rise as a mutant zombie themselves.
This 'virus' could be the result of a malfunctioning ZOMBIE ring creation
spell or a curse..................
CAs