Re: Re: Re: (TFT) Hundred strength elemental

Regarding the 25 ST/day limit on apprentices--of course
I had that in mind with my example, that's why it only
required 8 ST three times a day from each apprentice.

The "traitor" apprentice idea is great!  And even if every
apprentice was checked out with Detect Enemies when he was
signed up, one could always be replaced by an infiltrator
with a Glamour spell on him, so you better check everyone
before every ritual.  Of course if the infiltrator has an
anti-detect enemies amulet, with oh, five conceal spells
on the amulet, well--good luck.  Gee, it's a good thing
there aren't any rivalries or politics or psychopaths in
these wizard's guilds or worrying about stuff like this
could turn wizards into raging paranoids. :)

Then there's also the problem of the "lazy apprentice".
What if one of the guys is a slacker and doesn't feel
like almost passing out throwing all but one point of
his ST into making some 100 ST fire elemental (or
whatever).  So maybe it's only a 94 ST elemental, who
could tell?  Or even if you could tell, how would you
know who the slacker was?

Paranoia aside, one refinement to all the general
ST-chaining idea: if the wizard's DX is less than
fifteen, a couple of the inner apprentices should
cast a small DX aid on him the round before they
get the Aid ST.  It will last two rounds, just
barely long enough for him to get one normal spell
off.  Sure you'll lose three or four ST from the Aid
total, but it's well worth it to boost the final
chance of success.

Also, I'm sure that once you get to tossing around a
sufficiently high ST total that you're better off
devoting a certain percentage of the ST to DX Aiding
the apprentices in a similar fashion.  That's a good
example of something I would never be able to work out
the math for.