Re: (TFT) Hundred strength elemental

Michael Taylor wrote:

> Message text written by INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com
> >An apprentice
> may not be called on for more than 25 ST/day in Aid spells.  <
>
> Interesting. So it's 'possible' to use more, but not within the
> 'recommended' tolerances.
>
> Through something someone mentioned recently I started looking at
> Divine-level magics.
>
> So what IS the most fST a wizard could use a in one day?

Play at that level invites house rules, (like fST) but the math says 4ST
per hour.  Which means _any_ mage is able to AID for that much, but
ignores the (to me) logic of more powerful mages being worth more.  That
a mage of 20ST is only worth 10ST more than a 10ST mage, over the course
of an entire day, or week, seems to me to be wrong.  Explainable,
depending on the selected metaphysics of the setting, but wrong.

That's why my house rules include a POwer stat, to fuel spells, and why
that PO stat recovers faster than 'f'ST.  A powerful mage will have some
PO, and so be good for more ST per day than the standard apprentice, and
now the difference in daily output will be greater than the simple
difference in their STs.