Re: (TFT) Hundred strength elemental

Yeah, I think this is one of the fundamental differences between
roleplaying and any other storytellng entertainment (film and literature).

In the movies and books, a team of adventurers NEVER splits up. They're not
capable of it.....

(pause for dramatic effect)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Because the viewer/reader is on the team! The Team hasn't really split up
if one member goes solo, because the viewer knows what is happening and as
100% 'intelligence' about everything that the team members did. Therefore,
the entertainment value of the story doesn't suffer by members of the team
'splitting up'.

But this is not true all with roleplaying. The GM leaves the room and the
story grinds to a halt for whoever is not in the room with the 'camera'.

I've personally always hated the old "Pretend you dont know what's going on
to the rest of the players...", so I simply control the camera like a
director.

If you go off by yourself, it had *better* be entertaining for the rest of
the players (and the GM) to watch you. Otherwise the camara cuts back to
the largest possible group!

It's facsist, but as a player I always hated watching someone else
quibble-for-copper pieces when I wanted to be adventuring!

Michael

> From: "David Michael Grouchy II" >
An opportunitiy to share a bit of the best magic system ever written.
> You mentioned the 25 fatigue strength limit.  Ahhhh yes.  From Advanced
> Wizard, page 30 we have this.

Thanks!
> From: Thorn <edt@dopey.ne.mediaone.net>

> Besides, doesn't your guild have someone Trance out Success/Failure as >
most probable during the run-up to the enchantment?

Good suggestion.

> From: srydzews@ix.netcom.com
>
> The "traitor" apprentice idea is great!  And even if every
> apprentice was checked out with Detect Enemies when he was
> signed up, one could always be replaced by an infiltrator
> with a Glamour spell on him...
<snip>

Hehhehhehhhe....

This is a great thread, thank you all for posting!

Jim Eckman

<